Nimbus 197 ashford

leeboy

Paid Member
Saw a nimbus grey 197 in ashford, by the international station and headed down Victoria road. No cup spoiler or anything, but did have black raiders.
Anyone??

I also saw a albi blue 197 by PC World in ashford too this afternoon had a private plate too.

Was deffo yours then mate! didn't realise that you had a plate on yours! looked shiney bud! done anything to it yet?

Was deffo yours then mate! didn't realise that you had a plate on yours! looked shiney bud! done anything to it yet?

cheers! so far its been remapped, ktec panel filter, fitted heko wind deflectors, fitted new brakes and re-done the weather seals. probably won't do much more than that to be honest. the alloys need a bit of a refurb (kerb marks from previous owner) but i can never seem to get one of those mobile refurbers to answer their phone!! do you know of any good local refurbers?

Awesome, might remap mine soon...did Ktec do the map?
Sounds like a few bits youve got there mate, did look good yesterday! Yeah, dad uses a guy that seems to be pretty hot on his stuff, i think it depends on how bad they are curbed tho in all fairness as you might need them shot blasted and then filled in??

Awesome, might remap mine soon...did Ktec do the map?

no it was JF Automotive just outside maidstone. I would of preferred ktec to do it but i can't justify the trip to Dorset just for a remap and the renflash tool they do is just too expensive.

JF charged me £250. took about an hour or so once the engine had cooled down enough. i think its worth it. cars much nicer to cruise with now and i can get about 39MPG average if i'm careful and use decent petrol.

Last edited:
I know what you mean mate, quite a trek over to ktec for us! 39mpg....really? Any improvement on grunt you reckon? I had AmD in mind to be fair as they have got the rolling road. I'm tempted to go the route you have if its as good as you say!

the only difference in power i noticed was the increased throttle response at low revs and it smoothed out the whole rev range. its a bit hard to describe but before the remap, when i would hit about 5k rpm, you would notice a major jump in power, probably when the VVT kicks in. you don't really notice it that much now as it is all smoothed out. you can achieve the higher mpg using that increased throttle response because you don't need to apply as much throttle to get it to move. however the Mrs isn't as economically minded as me when she drives it around during the week and gets about 30-31 mpg lol.