Next mod: Spax Coilovers or V6 airbox/remap

What should be my next mod

• V6 Airbox and custom remap

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Spax coilovers

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
I doubt you'd notice an extra few bhp. 10bhp+ is a little optimistic IMO and even then thats hardly noticeable.

Decent coilovers will give you much more pace around a track than an airbox ever can. Not to mention you can dial in your stance perfectly.

Well, Iv just got back from RS Tuning, Paul thinks there are no difference between the large open foam cone filter and v6 box (open cone is louder). The car ran exactly the same as it did last time, after he tweaked it I gained 1 whole BHP and a few torques low down the rev range. The car sounds amazing, but in reality its no faster than a standard car with just a milltek exhaust and ITG panel filter.

I doubt you'd notice an extra few bhp. 10bhp+ is a little optimistic IMO and even then thats hardly noticeable.

Decent coilovers will give you much more pace around a track than an airbox ever can. Not to mention you can dial in your stance perfectly.

Not too bothered about the extra bhp from the airbox tbh, just wondered what peoples opinions would be for the money spent... I've set my heart on the collies as I reckon they will pound for pound benefit me more, just gotta wait the y Weeks I've, just, between quoted for delivery.

And besides there are other plans afoot that will give me a few decent horses :wink:

Coilies, I love my Spax and would say they are much more fun than an extra 10bhp!

Would have to agree Ben, I think the advantage of adjustable suspension will far out way the small benefits of the airbox. I'm sure if you did a laptime analysis the coilovers would win hands down.

I'd question whether coilovers fitted by you then alined for £25 would be a better setup than standard. I think with coilovers it really is in for a penny in for a pound. You have to do it properly or not at all (if looking at handling).

You will feel the difference fitting coilovers but you'd feel the difference cutting the springs in half but it doesn't mean its better. They need setting up by someone in the know.

If you dont do many track days..keep std setup.
And have a good hol. The clio is great outa the box. Sure coilovers will gain you a bit of time on track but unless you do lots..not worth the outlay!

Similar Thread Suggestions