It does seem a good deal thinner than the OEM filter though? As in, it doesn't appear to fit the holder as fully. Have others experienced this?

CAFDE186-2A5F-4470-AF61-5C0F11D3A5B1_zpsugcvahyl.jpg

5A27858C-74D4-4B58-9E9D-40333FFA159E_zpsjmd6zcng.jpg

Last edited:
I attached them to another key loop before attaching to the key so they actually sit a little more flush with the key in your pocket which stops you looking like a member of the Canadian Mounted Police! [emoji3]

They've not been on that long bough so I may well follow suit but I haven't noticed them to be too bulky thus far...in fact I still seem to lose them in my pockets! Haha!

It does seem a good deal thinner than the OEM filter though? As in, it doesn't appear to fit the holder as fully. Have others experienced this?

My Ram-air foam panel filter (which looks almost exactly the same construction as the ITG with the stainless mesh etc) was exactly the same fit as yours by the looks of it......

If your worried fill in the gaps with some foam etc to make sure all incoming air gets directed through the filter and not around it.

Thanks @sevenfortunate! I'll have another look at it this evening and act on your suggestion if I see any gaps.

As it is such a nice day, I thought that I might as well give the car a quick clean. It could really use a good machine polish to be honest but I did give it a quick decontamination with the hideous smelling Iron X and a quick polish over with Dodo Juice Supernatural Polish. Quick wash down again and some Gyeon Wet Coat until I can really focus some attention on this which, with a very active 1.5 month old son and a wife that cannot understand my love of detailing, might be quite some way in the future yet. [emoji3]

68EC25A8-A316-4BD1-9EEA-C66C137895F6_zpsrv9wtqum.jpg

6DCA4021-B2DC-45C2-99BB-2B96F92E03A4_zps97ygbjxs.jpg

In between wanting to hit my stereo with a hammer, I did find time to collect these. Really pleased with them...0A4FEB1B-6F02-49C1-84EE-46DD21F920DE_zpskkz43ytx.jpg

VERY nice looking indeed !

Be interesting to see how the trim holds up ??

Link needed. Paypal ready :smile:

Here's the link, the seller was very helpful because I wanted to double check which ones were right for a 2012 mk3. These are the ones for the latter mk3s. I also received 2 free air fresheners which was a nice touch, although I won't use them as I pretty much only use the cherry California Car Scents one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370595186842

RENAULT CLIO SPORT MK3 FACELIFT 2009+ CAR MATS LEATHER TRIM + LOGO

The mats aren't great tbh... Had them in mine for approx 1 year.

The passenger and rears are ok, but the drivers is very annoying. I had to double sided tape mine down because it kept creeping forward and then catching on the clutch pedal. There's also no extra padding under the drivers feet/heel area

The Renault Sport logo on drivers side also cracks and begins to come off fairly quickly. Outside trim is fine though.

Eventually I'd like to replace them with the proper Grey Renault mats with the yellow logos (they're fairly pricey though) - http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-clio-197-carpet-mat-set-rs/

Last edited:

The passenger and rears are ok, but the drivers is very annoying. I had to double sided tape mine down because it kept creeping forward and then catching on the clutch pedal. There's also no extra padding under the drivers feet/heel area

The Renault Sport logo on drivers side also cracks and begins to come off fairly quickly. Outside trim is fine though.

Eventually I'd like to replace them with the proper Grey Renault mats with the yellow logos (they're fairly pricey though) - http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-clio-197-carpet-mat-set-rs/

The genuine ones came with the car when I bought it but I preferred colour coding mine to match the car. I'll see how they wear but I can't see these creeping forward on the driver's side on mine as they're locked into place using the plastic "plugs" fitted on the floor. You're right about no additional padding on the heel areas but most of the genuine mats I've had in previous cars didn't have this either.

Last edited:
The genuine ones came with the car when I bought it but I preferred colour coding mine to match the car. I'll see how they wear but I can't see these creeping forward on the driver's side on mine as they're locked into place using the plastic "plugs" fitted on the floor. You're right about no additional padding on the heel areas but most of the genuine mats I've had in previous cars didn't have this either.

Ah my floor doesn't have the plastic plugs, not sure why....just carpet :worried: should be considerably easier to get on with if you've got those :smile:

+1. Got the same issue with the drivers mat moving up and interfering with the clutch pedal. Haven't got round to getting double sided tape and the heel area does wear down very quickly. I'd invest in the ones linked if I was to get another set tbh

Ah my floor doesn't have the plastic plugs, not sure why....just carpet :worried: should be considerably easier to get on with if you've got those :smile:

I had to check and double check with the seller that the ones that he was going to send were the right ones which had the fittings for the plugs. Thankfully they were very patient and very helpful.

I wondered if perhaps you didn't have the plugs after reading your post. That's annoying that yours doesn't then! The genuine Renault ones that I have also have these fittings. I don't know if perhaps you can get the same mats cheaper if you don't require this or would they be the same ones?

i have them too and have to agree with this..they are not bad for the price but all those things have happened to mine to..have had them for over 2 years now..the overall quality is good though..plus you can literally choose any colour combination you fancy..but next buy will be the genuine ones...

strange..i have not got the plastic plugs in mine...always wondered why??:bat:

As it's a quiet evening, and apparently I have nothing better to do :sleep:here's a pic of mine;

Mats after approx 1 year of use - they're actually not holding up too badly (had in my head they looked a little worse than this);

2j32kus.jpg

And my drivers side floor - no plastic plug holes!!

sg1g9k.jpg

Last edited:
That's annoying [MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION]! I can't fathom why mine had them and yours doesn't!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4