Welcome along :smile:

sure you will enjoy a car that goes round corners well and not just straight lines :wink:

Welcome along :smile:

sure you will enjoy a car that goes round corners well and not just straight lines :wink:

Hahaha! To be absolutely honest though, the J VXR has an extremely capable cornering ability due to a very effective LSD. The H (its predecessor) was atrocious though! The Clio is very well balanced in my limited experience thus far though and I think that it could catch a lot of more expensive metal napping.

Ah yeah I did forget that they have the LSD nowadays, but yeah I was stereotyping it due to the previous shape lol!

I'll add my welcome. Lovely looking car. Bit different to the Astra but I think you will find it an engaging drive.

Thanks everyone! I picked it up today and had some fun with it on some twisty B roads. It really is a great handling car and so well set up that it actually doesn't need the additional wizardry of the LSD which the Astra VXR had. It's a really really great package and the gearbox is way ahead of the Astra which really did need an M tech short shifter because the throws were so long. The gearbox on these is really great so I will be taking that short shifter back out of the basket. I'll upload some shots once I've stuck them on an image hosting page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6D73F26C-1031-4260-AD4B-C89734E2F5EA_zpsse1gsonx.jpg

F12B7335-8EED-4944-891E-AD193FD1C424_zpsmgvlh9nc.jpg

D69352E4-ED50-4312-9CE6-0E9E161865A9_zpshh8ouz5q.jpg

D9BF6F08-6BBA-42D9-8A86-38C72F2A4397_zpss9s9uju9.jpg

FE1767A0-3048-4254-9DA4-461F1E4FCC64_zps2fniuzxo.jpg

The first "mod" :smile:

9569B69C-4A7D-41FC-BE4C-5F58BFF4A957_zpstmuyewsp.jpg

My own plate will be going on it as soon as the paperwork comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome :smile: I do like those VXR's!

Bulbs - Interior bulbs (6 total, 3 front 3 rear), door puddle lights (2 total, 1 per side), number plate (2) bulbs are all the same - T10 W5W 501 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-5-SMD-...XENON-WHITE-/320895034394?hash=item4ab6d5a41a
Indicator Bulbs - Many, like myself, remove the orange bulbs for silver ones - PHILIPS SILVER VISION PY21W
Front lights - OSRAMs are great for main beam, dipped and side lights, although they're a bit of a pain to change - see the How To - http://www.clio197.net/forum/showth...ront-bulbs-on-a-197-amp-200-(inc-projectors-)

ITG Panel filter - I guess where ever you can get hold of it the cheapest tbh (think they're approx £50-55).... sometimes they pop up in the for sale section of the forum too

Got these bulbs all fitted today and thank you [MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION] for the link and info. Anyone know how you get at the one in the glove compartment?

Some of the minor cosmetic changes which, I think, make a bit of a difference and I love things like this that cost very little. Debased the "Clio" but decided to retain the RS badge. Also changed the aerial to a stubby which I think updates it a little.

D09F1A2D-B86F-4BB4-A68C-1EBE11174AC7_zps6pph2pgg.jpg

374A693B-7FA4-464E-902D-83D7ED352F59_zps5okkhfyr.jpg

Did the puddle lights, reg plate lights and boot light too but cannot see how to access the one in the glove compartment though I didn't devote a great deal of time to fickering.

I'd also like some LED brake lights and one for the reverse light and wonder if anyone has done this and has a link for any good ones. Searched around the forum a bit but keep getting messages telling me that archived threads are missing(?) which I can't understand.

I had a little look at the front bulbs and only changed the indicator ones because they were immediately accessible and I had some Osram ones sitting in the house. I will have to study the thread about accessing the others properly before I start trying to mess about with accessing them.

9569B69C-4A7D-41FC-BE4C-5F58BFF4A957_zpsbiuvrym2.jpg

Last edited:
its these little things that make it yours and personalised..well done..carry on..
haha you will have nothing to do soon..

Hahaha! Thanks [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION], I would like that Ktec Sprint Spoiler!!i was also editing a few bits on my previous post as you posted so I have a few little lighting changes I'd like to make. I'm not going to go down the HIDs route though.

Last edited:
tweaking is a process for us french runners, I still want carbon roof/bonnet, me list worries de bank balance! LOL Keep playing, the Clio is such a good sample of people adding custom flavour.

Glad the bulbs all went in OK - I haven't done my glove box as it's a different bulb type and tbh I never go in there apart from once a year to grab the service book out! The white LED's look fantastic on the door puddle lights and number plate lights though :smile:

Let me know how you get on with the stubby aerial - I bought one as per this thread - http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?52286-Shuv-s-Racing-Blue-200/page10 - but I was really struggling with Radio signal so had to change it back :worried: loved the aesthetics of the shorter aerial though.

I tend not to really actually listen much to the radio to be honest so this is more about aesthetics than anything else [MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION]. Thanks for the heads up about the glove compartment. I'll likely be the same. It'll slightly affect my OCD with it being different but, like you, I rarely venture into the glove compartment anyway. Also, does anyone actually keep gloves in there?! [emoji3]

KTR decals on today and will hopefully receive my new mats, ITG panel filter and headunit middle of next week so looking forward to that. I'd quite like the window tints done fairly soon too as I have a one year old son so it would be good to keep him a bit better shaded and cooler when he's in the back.

7102FC85-EF3F-4342-9D75-25E9580CE63D_zpszpjgak3r.jpg

Then all I really want to do before too long is get a hold of the Sprint spoiler (although I'm reluctant to pay the full price if I'm honest...I am Aberdonian after all), perhaps drop the ride height (undecided), upgrade the door speakers and get the alloys powder coated either anthracite (I don't really like all black alloys on a car personally because I think the alloys can get kind of lost but that's entirely subjective) or perhaps this shade of very subtle bronze which I think would go very well with the blue and pays subtle homage to the old Clio Williams model.

B9D39907-A80F-4DD2-9654-926DFE320765.png_zps6yhkoy3b.jpg

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4
R Clio 197 Area 6