Newbie from the Cotswolds

Hi guys,

I'm Scott, just signed up as I'v recently started the hunt for a 197. I'm currently driving a Honda Integra DC5 (pic below) but have just sold it after 3 1/2 years ownership as I will soon be house hunting. Will be gutted to see it go but excited for a change. The 197 looks a cracking car so looking forward to learning a bit more about them and checking out the for sale and gallery forums!

Cheers,

Scott

EDIT: I can't seem to get into the for sale forum. Do I have to wait for approval for this? Cheers

1_zpsrxents1r.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: peter
Welcome along! :french:

Integra looks like a lovely motor, shame you're getting rid. I'm sure you won't regret getting a 197 though they're such a blast to drive.

Be sure to check out the buyers guide on here as it's got the common faults to look out for.

Best of luck with the search :thumb:

Hi Scott, welcome to the forum! Loads of information and helpful people on here, so if you need anything, please ask away!

The Integra looks very nice, they're such good looking cars! I think you'll be pleased with a 197, good luck with the search!

Reactions: Scottj15
Welcome. Love the 'Teg and well done signing up, will be the best £5 you've ever spent.

Good luck with the search. There are loads around, hold out for a good one. Oh and have a thorough read through the buying guide and know it inside out. Will help you a lot.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Agreed !

Never really followed these (And maybe i've missed seeing the Blue ones) - but all i've ever seen is White ones im sure.

Looks so dated in White to me. But in Blue it looks alot fresher / newer.........................

Yeah the majority of them are white on white which wasn't my first choice when I was looking for one. All I can say is that they look much nicer in the flesh. They almost have a subtle 'creamy' colour to them which is stunning when clean. But your right... Blue is the best colour :tongueout:

Welcome. Love the 'Teg and well done signing up, will be the best £5 you've ever spent.

Good luck with the search. There are loads around, hold out for a good one. Oh and have a thorough read through the buying guide and know it inside out. Will help you a lot.

Thanks mate, have had a quick look through and will be doing so again. Planning to use it as a check list when I do go and see one. I've still got the DC5 for a week and walk to work anyway so not in a massive rush to jump at the first one I see. Will probably hold out for one as near to standard as possible. Have really warmed to the Deep Black but I think they look great in any colour to be honest!

Welcome Scott

I guarantee you will miss your teg

What's the budget for your 197

Cheers Nick's. I know, I'm missing it already and it hasn't even gone yet! It's like going through a difficult breakup and you're still waiting for her to move out haha! Initial Budget is around the 3-3.5 mark. There seems to be plenty of decent examples around this price and less so will hold out for one thats right for me.

Cheers,

Scott

Reactions: Nick
Hi Scott,

I've just changed to a 197, nice little cars.
Also from Gloucestershire but often out n about around Bourton and other places so may see you around!
Good luck with the viewing...

Nick

Thanks Nick,

I use to live in Moreton but am a bit further out in Shipston now.

Still not a million miles away. Will keep an eye out for ya!

Cheers,

Scott

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4
R Clio 197 Area 6