Newbie from the Cotswolds

Hi guys,

I'm Scott, just signed up as I'v recently started the hunt for a 197. I'm currently driving a Honda Integra DC5 (pic below) but have just sold it after 3 1/2 years ownership as I will soon be house hunting. Will be gutted to see it go but excited for a change. The 197 looks a cracking car so looking forward to learning a bit more about them and checking out the for sale and gallery forums!

Cheers,

Scott

EDIT: I can't seem to get into the for sale forum. Do I have to wait for approval for this? Cheers

1_zpsrxents1r.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: peter

Dystant

Detailing Dale
Paid Member
Welcome along! :french:

Integra looks like a lovely motor, shame you're getting rid. I'm sure you won't regret getting a 197 though they're such a blast to drive.

Be sure to check out the buyers guide on here as it's got the common faults to look out for.

Best of luck with the search :thumb:

Jimmy

Good cop
Hi Scott, welcome to the forum! Loads of information and helpful people on here, so if you need anything, please ask away!

The Integra looks very nice, they're such good looking cars! I think you'll be pleased with a 197, good luck with the search!

Reactions: Scottj15

///M

Gold Member
Welcome. Love the 'Teg and well done signing up, will be the best £5 you've ever spent.

Good luck with the search. There are loads around, hold out for a good one. Oh and have a thorough read through the buying guide and know it inside out. Will help you a lot.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Agreed !

Never really followed these (And maybe i've missed seeing the Blue ones) - but all i've ever seen is White ones im sure.

Looks so dated in White to me. But in Blue it looks alot fresher / newer.........................
Yeah the majority of them are white on white which wasn't my first choice when I was looking for one. All I can say is that they look much nicer in the flesh. They almost have a subtle 'creamy' colour to them which is stunning when clean. But your right... Blue is the best colour :tongueout:

Welcome. Love the 'Teg and well done signing up, will be the best £5 you've ever spent.

Good luck with the search. There are loads around, hold out for a good one. Oh and have a thorough read through the buying guide and know it inside out. Will help you a lot.
Thanks mate, have had a quick look through and will be doing so again. Planning to use it as a check list when I do go and see one. I've still got the DC5 for a week and walk to work anyway so not in a massive rush to jump at the first one I see. Will probably hold out for one as near to standard as possible. Have really warmed to the Deep Black but I think they look great in any colour to be honest!

Welcome Scott

I guarantee you will miss your teg

What's the budget for your 197
Cheers Nick's. I know, I'm missing it already and it hasn't even gone yet! It's like going through a difficult breakup and you're still waiting for her to move out haha! Initial Budget is around the 3-3.5 mark. There seems to be plenty of decent examples around this price and less so will hold out for one thats right for me.

Cheers,

Scott

Reactions: Nick
Hi Scott,

I've just changed to a 197, nice little cars.
Also from Gloucestershire but often out n about around Bourton and other places so may see you around!
Good luck with the viewing...

Nick

Thanks Nick,

I use to live in Moreton but am a bit further out in Shipston now.

Still not a million miles away. Will keep an eye out for ya!

Cheers,

Scott