New R3 Airbox

IMHO, this solution is better than Kevo's - it has direct air to the airbox (even better than Kevo's solution), and the airbox is bigger and will have more air in the box.

Kevs not running an airbox, just an open filter bigger than a human head with the cold feed going straight to the filter. TBH Kevs is pretty neat

How is mine not direct air to the air filter it comes through the binnet ad the filter is right under it?????????

Is it shielded from the other sides so it only draws air in from the cold-air-feed through the bonnet? Can't remember but think that's not the case so this setup which is mentioned here is the better choice :thumbup1: not saying that yours isn't good but "just cold air" from the grill in the front which is forced in bi driving faster is better than a mix from air forced in through the bonnet and sucked from inside it.

Think that's what Raptor ment,

Last edited:
Is it shieled from the other sides so it only draws air in from the cold-air-feed through the bonnet? Can't remember but think that's not the case so this setup which is mentioned here is the better choice :thumbup1: not saying that yours isn't good but "just cold air" from the grill in the front which is forced in bi driving faster is better than a mix from air forced in through the bonnet and sucked from inside it.

Ah!!! Yeah you are right mate!! But then its cost e about £100 to set that up not £££££ so I'll manage lol!

Are you going to do this Simox ?

Do you think it would fit with just a red-top battery instead of relocating the origional ?

the red top battery stay in the front like now!

i just order all the piece mark... i think to make the change 21th monday morning

1zqsikl.png

1h80fr.png

Is it shielded from the other sides so it only draws air in from the cold-air-feed through the bonnet? Can't remember but think that's not the case so this setup which is mentioned here is the better choice :thumbup1: not saying that yours isn't good but "just cold air" from the grill in the front which is forced in bi driving faster is better than a mix from air forced in through the bonnet and sucked from inside it.

You're reading my mind! :biggrin:

And another thing: Kevo, you have a cone filter, don't you?

Let's think about this for a minute:

1. In your airbox the air comes from the bonnet - it is not forced as much as it would be from the front grill.

2. The diameter of the intake system that you have is smaller than this on the 2009 R3 - less air going through.

3. Now getting to the cone filter setup - IMHO (and I'm not saying it is true) - the solution with the cone filter is not good as with the panel filter. WHY? Let's think like this - air coming through the piping comes directly to your cone filter - yes? BUT, this filter can "receive" the air mostly through the front side, and I believe that no matter how big your cone filter is - that side is not as big as is the R3 airboxes PANEL filter - just look at the front panel surface, it's 2x bigger than the surface of the cone filter. And the casing is not as big as it's the casing from the R3 filter.

If I was only better in Photoshop - I would sketch it for you so you could all understand me better.

Don't get me wrong Kevo, I think your setup is great, but IMHO, this is better.

It looks like a right ball ache to fit. Quite a tidy solution if it can be used with red top battery though.

Raptor.... have you looked at my thread and filter?? The pipe work is 102MM diameter (STD 197 is 70mm) and the throttle body is larger than the STD 197 (its the same body that the cup racer and touring cars use) and has a 98mm inlet trumped yto aid airflow!!!

And that set up may be better but it costs alot of mony for what will be a small (if any) gain over what mine makes!

Last edited:
Omg :w00t::thumbup::thumbup1::001_tt1:

Just looked at the first pic on the page. You can get the bracket to mount the water expansion tank to the side right?

This is what I mean if google translate did his job right :tongueout:

Staffa vaschetta radiatore

How much does this cost? I presume this is everything you need - tubes, brackets, etc.?

Tubi vaschetta radiatore
8200435788 2x

Staffa vaschetta radiatore

Fascettine x tubi
7703083467 4x

Fascette metalliche e tubo silicone
2x 7703083402