New, Potential Storm Grey Owner

ForgedV

Gold Member
Morning all,

I've only been on the forum for a week or so and toying with the idea of purchasing a rs200 after getting the bug. We had a 197 F1 edition Clio in at work and I took it out just on the off chance but I can now see what the appeal is.

This will be my first French Hot Hatch, previous cars I've owned are RX8 R3, Integra DC5 which I then supercharged, Toyota Glanza which I've owned for about 6 years now and built it from the ground up now running approximately 300bhp last dyno was 290 but things have changed since then. Now im smoking around in TDV6 Range Rover Sport so im itching for a fun car again.

I was impressed with the handling and feel of the Clio all be it not the fastest but definetely fun! So I'm viewing this Clio Storm Grey next week http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-rena...ey-/331792928767?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Is the car known on here at all? Anything to look out for on that model in particular. I've read the sticky posts and done a bit of research on here prior to this post.

I look foward to some replies for this noob ;/

Looks very nice! Don't think they ticked all the options for it as no projectors, not that it should sway your decision. Great colour too :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum mate. That SG is a great example indeed! Get it:wink:

(and yes, change those number plates)

Car looks nice, would definitely be a clio I would look it buy if I was to do it all again. Storm grey FTW.

Not got much time for the way the post is written though haha, whatever.

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with the search, any questions you might have, don't hesitate to ask!

looks great..very rare..as you mentioned above,the buyer's guide is very helpful..just ask
good luck

Welcome mate, definitely go for it you won't be disappointed. I seen this on ebay myself and thought looks a great example.

Looks very nice! Don't think they ticked all the options for it as no projectors, not that it should sway your decision. Great colour too :thumbsup:

I wasnt aware they done projectors in the facelifts, is it something that can be fitted at a later date or are they xenon lamps with the projectors?

Those numberplates :thumbdown:

Couldnt agree more, the first things to go if I buy

Welcome to the forum mate. That SG is a great example indeed! Get it:wink:

(and yes, change those number plates)

Thank you

Car looks nice, would definitely be a clio I would look it buy if I was to do it all again. Storm grey FTW.

Not got much time for the way the post is written though haha, whatever.

Whats wrong with the post?

Welcome to the Family

Thank you

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with the search, any questions you might have, don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you

looks great..very rare..as you mentioned above,the buyer's guide is very helpful..just ask
good luck

Thank you

Welcome along!

You close to Chesterfield?

Thank you, nope no where near. Southampton! So quite a trip.

No brainer, in some parts they'd kill for that machine! Whats to think about? Get on board and clio away with us. :wink:

Thank you, it's ticking all the right boxes with me so far so see how it drives and looks in person.

Welcome mate, definitely go for it you won't be disappointed. I seen this on ebay myself and thought looks a great example.

Thank you, it's got a few more bits on it than whats advertised so should be a nice little runner!

Oh, I could be wrong about the projectors? I have seen them on a 200 before though...
anyway, trivial issue, go forth and buy!

Oh, I could be wrong about the projectors? I have seen them on a 200 before though...
anyway, trivial issue, go forth and buy!

I've seen them on another eBay advert on a 200 he's put "later spec" headlamps in so maybe your right. Last question quicky, we still have the clio 197 f1 edition at work and its got carbon fibre surrounds around the centre console and dash insert parts. Would they be interchangable between the 200 and 197 or are the dash's different?

I've seen them on another eBay advert on a 200 he's put "later spec" headlamps in so maybe your right. Last question quicky, we still have the clio 197 f1 edition at work and its got carbon fibre surrounds around the centre console and dash insert parts. Would they be interchangable between the 200 and 197 or are the dash's different?

I would think they would be the same@forgedv, are they maybe not just wrapped in carbon fibre ?

There was a carbon fibre interior pack (Plastic made to look like CF) that one could select when ordering the full fat 200s. Didn't look all that carbon fibre like though lol.

Projectors can be fitted to any 200 (I fitted them to my old 200 Cup) though Xenons were never an option for the 200s.