New Owner - Clio 200 - Improving the Sound?

I had mine done at the beginning of the year (it's the video on the first page). I love it and have not noticed any flat spot since having it done. It's just now got a slightly more free sound and has nice bangs an pops now and then.

Although now I want more audio lol! Get it done you won't be disappointed!

How much louder is the removal of the centre box, compared to stock?
Is it quieter than a K-Tec cat back exhaust?
Would love the pops and bangs

I'm really warming to the idea of getting this done...

couple of questions though!

• how long does it take to do?
  • Can anyone recommend a place in Leeds?
  • I'm a complete car novice - so should I just pop in and go - can you remove the "centre silencer"?

Cheers guys!

[*]how long does it take to do?
Literally 15 minutes
[*]Can anyone recommend a place in Leeds?
Not sure I live in west midlands
[*]I'm a complete car novice - so should I just pop in and go - can you remove the "centre silencer"?
Ye it's roughly half way down the under side of your car, ask for them to saw it out, then sleeve in a straight pipe and ask them to clamp it in.

I love my exhaust with the centre silencer taken out, Like the OP I didn't want anything to loud on the Motorway or on idle.
This has made the exhaust note for me near on perfect, with the occasional pop and bang

[*]how long does it take to do?
Literally 15 minutes
[*]Can anyone recommend a place in Leeds?
Not sure I live in west midlands
[*]I'm a complete car novice - so should I just pop in and go - can you remove the "centre silencer"?
Ye it's roughly half way down the under side of your car, ask for them to saw it out, then sleeve in a straight pipe and ask them to clamp it in.

Thanks for the info Luke!

I've called a couple of places, waiting for quotes - but not paying more than £40 which seems to be the average cost.

Just spoke to a few exhaust centres around Aldershot, and they all quoted around £60, and when I said that you guys had it done for £30-£40 they questioned whether you'd had the system removed and welded (to get a proper seal) or just clamped? No one around here seems to be willing to just clamp it as they don't think they'd be able to get a seal, and not welding it is a half arse job!

Any ideas what I should do?

Just spoke to a few exhaust centres around Aldershot, and they all quoted around £60, and when I said that you guys had it done for £30-£40 they questioned whether you'd had the system removed and welded (to get a proper seal) or just clamped? No one around here seems to be willing to just clamp it as they don't think they'd be able to get a seal, and not welding it is a half arse job!

Yep im sure all of us would of had the straight pipe welded on, it will literally take them 20mins! I would keep searching for an independent exhaust place who will do it for a good price

Few have had it clamped on, me personally I had it welded on, they didn't have to take it off as there's enough clearence to weld it on once the silencer is off, as they silencer is alot more substantial than a straight piece of pipe.

were abouts in aldershot are you mate?

Just been to 'Edge Performance' in Aldershot, who had a look underneath with me, and he isn't prepared to not weld it as he doesn't want to effect the performance, and doesn't think that he can get his welding torch in above the pipe to do a proper job, hence the £60 labour charge....

Don't really want to pay more than what others have paid, unless others have had a bodge job done, which I don't really want either!

Can anyone recommend somewhere?!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S New Members 6
craigkitch New Members 4
R New Members 8
D New Members 6
joehodges154 New Members 3