New Members viewing Classifieds - PLEASE READ

Jimmy

Good cop
As a New Member, when you first register to use clio197.net, your access to the Classifieds/For Sale section of the forum will be restricted - you will be able to go into the forum section, but not be able to read/interact/post within individual threads.

To gain access to these threads, and other useful sections of the forum, it is necessary to become a Paid Member - membership fees start from as little as £5 for 12-months unrestricted access to the entire forum. Higher levels of premium/long-term memberships are also available.

To view Paid Member options:

• At the top of the page you will see your username
  • Hovering the cursor over your username will bring up a drop-down list
  • On the drop-down list is a link for 'Memberships'
  • Clicking this will take you to the relevant section where you can choose your preferred option

Payment can be made by Paypal. Memberships are usually activated immediately, however please allow up to 24 hours for access to the classifieds to become available. Membership packs can take up to 30 days to arrive.

If you do have any questions, or require some assistance with any of the above, please reply in this thread, or contact a staff member who will be very happy to help.

Thank you.
Team Clio197.net

I am a new member
Ive never joined car group before,thought it would be good for some tips,troubleshooting and selling Clio 197 parts I’ve removed from my car.
Being a BMW guy for 15 years,I got my 197 last year,I just love everything about it,great wee car

I have paid my membership 3 days ago but still unable to make posts on classifieds
Is this normal?
How do I contact admin?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I can see you have 2 accounts, and you have paid for membership on your 'Rsgaz2420' account, not the one you are using above.

You will need to log in using this account to use the privileges of the membership you purchased.

I have paid my membership 3 days ago but still unable to make posts on classifieds
Is this normal?
How do I contact admin?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, first post, and its a moan (sorry). Can I question the logic around not being able to view for sale adverts for cars if your not a fully paid up member? I'm currently looking for a Clio, and would feel much better purchasing one through a club/forum. Not being able to even view the ad's makes this difficult, and if I can't find the right car I may just go buy something else.

I get there must be perks for 'paid' members, but if non paid up members could at least see the forum for car sales (doesn't need to be parts as well). You may find the cars sell quicker and you get more members joining. Just being able to advertise to people who in all honesty probably already own a Clio as they are members here doesn't seem to hold any logic with me?

Thanks

Steve

I don't mind helping out non paid members the odd time it's only £5 a year but there are other one off options but you will have to look after the car and know how to fix and service it as well a model related problems that's the point of the forum "knowledge". Some members would rather sell their car to fellow members who share the love and passion as I have seen a forum car sold outside the forum an excellent example and 3 months later in the salvage yard it broke my heart although it was fixed since. The cars are like houses ridiculous prices are welcomed if you have one in my view the prices are completely nuts (just see what an insurance company will pay out after an accident) but if you drive one paying £5 to get a better chance of a good one is worth it. The forum costs money to run and we are not hit with a ball of adds and since you are looking a multiple £1000 car with road tax over £300 a year and members don't want endless non committed buyers chance offers like eBay and gumtree as well as Facebook £5 is not that big a deal.

Hovering over my name docent produce drop down options, id like to join please.

If you are using your phone:
* Click the top left Menu button
* Click your name
* There is then "Your Account" at the top and central
* Click "Memberships" and pick which one you want to purchase

If on laptop:
* Click your pic top right
* Left hand side click "Memberships" and pick which one you want to purchase

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
If you are using your phone:
* Click the top left Menu button
* Click your name
* There is then "Your Account" at the top and central
* Click "Memberships" and pick which one you want to purchase

If on laptop:
* Click your pic top right
* Left hand side click "Memberships" and pick which one you want to purchase
Thanks done that!

Reactions: suj
Hi all, new to the Clio scene and not yet purchased a 197. I thought it would be good idea to get some advice from those in the know regarding what to look for. Currently have a Reno 5 GT Turbo Raider in need of some resto and an integrale as my weekend toy.

Rgds Steve

Hi all, new to the Clio scene and not yet purchased a 197. I thought it would be good idea to get some advice from those in the know regarding what to look for. Currently have a Reno 5 GT Turbo Raider in need of some resto and an integrale as my weekend toy.

Rgds Steve