New LY toy and new to Clio197.net

Hi all,
Just thought I would introduce myself first as I am new to this forum, although I have been watching you guys on and off trying to get inspiration before buying.
I have been into clios for a long time, and have owned a few now. Ranging from my first being a new 172 Cup in 03, then a Clio cup racer, to a Trophy, and now a 57 F1 in Liquid Yellow. All of which I still have! (I am not very good at selling cars)
Always loved the LY cars, and have actually been looking at a few 182s in the same colour before deciding to move forward and go for a 197.
Anyway just thought I would say Hi, and I am sure will meet some of you guys at some point, and I will try and get some pics of the car up over the weekend.

Matt

I will get some of the F1 over the weekend, and I am sure I have a few of the others somewhere. The cup racer is getting ready for some track action very soon, hopefully within the next few weeks. The Trophy was the daily runner and has done a few miles, and is always dirty, so will clean at some point and get pics. Unfortunately the 172 hasn't moved for at least 5 years and has only done 22k miles from new. I keep saying, must get her out, but then end up buying something else.

Matt

That's quite a fleet your running, no wonder admiral multicar is doing so well lol :tongueout:

My fave would have to be the trophy, luv em!

Welcome aboard.

Yes have got a few little Renault toys, along with a few other marques also. Think i have a bit of a problem actually.

Matt

^^^ Nice Mike, I don't really know how to follow that post.... ;/

Welcome to the site Matt, hope you enjoy the new addition to the collection!

Located at Bruntingthorpe. Near Junction 20 of M1.
Not very good at putting pictures on forums but will give it a go tomorrow when I have finished in the workshop.

Hello all, sorry for being so rubbish at posting any pics of the car and other bits, but been very busy at work etc. I will be at the FCS tomorrow and have my LY 197 outside the TDF stand/pit garage. My Clio Cup race car is there also to play on track, although looking very grubby unfortunately.

Things are progressing well at the moment. After 4 months and 4k miles of 197 ownership I can say that it is a great car, looks awesome, comfortable and great for every hacking around country lanes etc, but... I am finding it too slow. I have thought it sonar day 1, but just ingnored it, until I went out for a blast in my 182 Trophy. It now feels soooo slow, heavy and boring. So after talking to my good friend Matt @ TDF, I have been and bought a Megane 230 F1 and have already started taking the lump out to transplant into the yellow beast.

Just thought would give you an update. Anybody who would like to have a chat, pop over to the TDF garage, unless I am out on track.

Matt