New kid on the block.(Update, 2nd 197 after 4.5 years with story)

Hi guys,

I'm Tony and i live in Athens, Greece.
I bought my std 197 Albi a month ago second hand.

This is the very first car i ever owned (turned 20 last November) and i am beyond pleased with it.

A little story for you all.
It's a tradition that my father preserves, to drive a new car on a very special twisty road once it is ready for it.

And so we went the very next day (being a used car with 40k km) and tried the little monster. I was pleased by the performance even though i didn't push it very hard because my dad would suspect what i have done with our Scenic the past two years..

On the way back it was his turn to drive. There is nothing more to say than the fact that he stated that the little 197 would be faster on that B-road than the Evo T.M.E. he owned until a couple of years ago (my first driving experience :biggrin:smile:

I am totally in love with this car.

Just washed it myself and pictures of it willl be up tommorow.

Best regards,

Tony

Last edited:
welcome to the site tony.

the 197 does make some faster cars look silly on the twisty's.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

My first attempt to upload an image: (more to come if i finally make it.)

Clio197002.jpg

Clio197004.jpg

Clio197007.jpg

Clio197006.jpg

I am planning to lower it just a bit and add some white turini's. Also, get a set of semi's in which i'll fit the std wheels after i've painted them gloss black so that it has that mean look on track days. What do you think?

Tony

Last edited:
best colour.

albi looks great with black wheels, i run satin black for winter.

I'm back!

Hi guys,

As some of you may now i was the owner of an Albi blue ff 197Clio197006.jpg. Unfortunately the following happened around 2 years ago.

I had a small crash that led my car to the garage for front left suspension repairs and after its completionDSC00015.jpg to my local paintwork some for some makeup work. After around 3 days there, one sunny afternoon i received a call from the manager of the joint. He told me my car along with two others had caught fire and that the damage was total. All that was left of my poor car was the chassis/cage and half melted wheels. (i never found the courage to go see it in person but that was the image as it was described to me). Anyway, i don't want to over-analyze the story that followed as it is quite a sad one. The only thing that mattered was i had lost my car.

Now, after a couple of years i am in the very happy position to inform you that i just got my hands on another 197, UR ff in particularAthina-20140725-00027.jpg. Athina-20140725-00029.jpgTo be honest i was feeling a bit strange about buying the same car that had such a sad history but to be honest i could not find a car that better represented my personality and taste car-wise. So here i am back in the forums, more experienced, and i hope i can offer my advice to give back the great help this community has offered me throughout my first ownership.

Tony