new guy thought i'd say hello.

Alien Green is a rare colour, one with Recaros will be rarer. Please don't jump at the first car you see. Give it a thorough going over. Overall condition is more important than colour/spec. It honestly took me years to find the example I wanted.

Always had my heart set on a 200 in white but overall condition got the better of me in the end! Will also save you more in your pocket in the long run!

Just a matter of being patient, and resisting the urge to buy the first one you view! easier said than done after test driving one! I just wanted to take it home, but looking at superficial markings and scuffed alloys etc I knew it wasnt the one!

Reactions: LOCKE
I'am in two minds as it doesn't have recaro's and speedline's plus it is four hours away in scotland that doesn't help either .

I'am in two minds as it doesn't have recaro's and speedline's plus it is four hours away in scotland that doesn't help either .

Loads of good advice already, just be ready to walk away if it isn't right for you. Travelling a long way can often make you feel compelled to go for it, to justify the distance you've gone, however don't be too hasty - make sure it is right for you. Best of luck :smile:

Reactions: Mossy
https://www.gumtree.com/p/renault/renaultsport-clio-200-cup/1191464861

Only 38,000 on the clock, recaro's and speedlines... 2 owners and cambelts just changed
Obviously I'd query on full service history, and I'm guessing the a/c will be a sacrificed but looks a nice motor

Yeah i've seen this one it is very basic with it being a cup . I want a full fat one to be honest . you can't win one's full fat without speedlines or buckets and the car in this link isn't full fat but has the speedlines and buckets . I'am thinking of just waiting for the rite car to come along with everything i want instead of settling for one i wont be 100% happy with .

Reactions: RossWoods93
It seems like you know what you're after and that you have the patience to hold out :smile: definitely don't be blinded by the seats or wheels on a car - overall condition is the top priority IMO - wheels and seats can always be added later, but you can't change a weak service history or a badly looked after car.

It seems like you know what you're after and that you have the patience to hold out :smile: definitely don't be blinded by the seats or wheels on a car - overall condition is the top priority IMO - wheels and seats can always be added later, but you can't change a weak service history or a badly looked after car.
Jimmy is bang on. That's why I got a R27 F1 it has the lot :smile:

Reactions: LOCKE

Trust me mate I was over the border many a time looking at 'pristine' cars. I would rather waste £80 in fuel and walk away than buy for the sake of it.

Reactions: Mossy and Jimmy
Well at the moment i don't know if i will be viewing the car as it seems to be owned by too people ? and there is no straight answer to who's on the log book . plus he hasn't got back to me to arrange things .

Have you looked on Renault to see what main dealer stock is like, there was three 200's at my local Renault last week for around the 10k mark.

Just 3, wow so many to choices, here you lucky to see even 5 on sale nationally.

I think there is four on sale at the moment two are nearing 90k on the clock which are not for me . One i train tickets booked to go and view but i won't even go into that one . and there is one at 9.5k but it is not FF . Maybe i need to consider a cup with the limted numbers .

I think there is four on sale at the moment two are nearing 90k on the clock which are not for me . One i train tickets booked to go and view but i won't even go into that one . and there is one at 9.5k but it is not FF . Maybe i need to consider a cup with the limted numbers .

Looks like your willing to hold out but its slowly getting to you the "waiting" game.

Hope you find one soon