New discs

Think I will order some of those shims anyway, but I am going to stick with the original pads, £72 on the RS forum which is good! :wink:

IMO redstuff are poo. DS2500's give awesome stopping power but loads of dust.

If your not doing any tracks days then OEM will be fine, the standards are great pads. Don't buy cheap aftermarket ones though

No I dont do cheap lol! Brakes are the most important bit! TwingoGeekeo has an offer on brake stuff ATM so I will take him up on it and hopefully that will sort out the noise. Has anyone got any other suggestions of it doesn't cure it!?

Just put it back together in the same way I took it off, sorry I can't be more specific. Cleaned all of the caliper as there was lots of road crud then just reattached everything. I looked in the manual for any torques that certain bits needed tightening to but I didn't see anything (TBH didn't read cover to cover though).

Is there anything in particular I needed to do? Im pretty thorough with it all.

IMO redstuff are poo. DS2500's give awesome stopping power but loads of dust.

If your not doing any tracks days then OEM will be fine, the standards are great pads. Don't buy cheap aftermarket ones though

What Rich said. Although I don't give a monkeys about dust if I can scrub speed off rapidly.

My DS2500s on my old Valver were superb, with std discs and calipers. Once up to temp you could just steam towards a corner, late as you dare, and then a short sharp stamp on the pedal, before getting back on the throttle.

Right - quick update - ordered some new Renault pads today and will be fitting when they arrive on Friday, hopefully this will offer a solution to the clicking. Im happy to stay with the standard ones as I noticed they were ferodo ones so I will stick with them. Will be open to any suggestions if they don't sort it lol!

Red stuff will stop u quicker than mintex or ferodo when warm. DS2500 u may aswell have a new set of disks waiting for when u come back from a long journey cus they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too hard and dont stop well at all. also i bet with ure other makes of brake pads u boil ure brake fluid faster than running ebc cus they transfer heat faster. boom lol

Red stuff will stop u quicker than mintex or ferodo when warm. DS2500 u may aswell have a new set of disks waiting for when u come back from a long journey cus they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too hard and dont stop well at all. also i bet with ure other makes of brake pads u boil ure brake fluid faster than running ebc cus they transfer heat faster. boom lol

got is dissagree with u there, red stuff are poo, ubber poo, changed to ds2500 and sooooo much better, dust i cant live with, if u drive fast enough the dust shouldnt settle anyway lol

lmao i like ure thinking but ds2500 arnt for me ill stick with reds maybe yellows on track

people like diferent feels when it comes to braking, for me my pedal feel is too soft and i have to work my pedal fairly hard to get it stopping hard ( fluid pads and docs have been changed btw) the brake pedal in my fez st was awsome,

well ive got 5.1 in and braided lines master cylinder back the pedal is well put it this way u push to hard ure eating tarmac lol

well some ppl buy kits for braided lines . . . . i had them made they come straight from master cylinder and to the calipers they arent that expensive either i payed 160 for a full set custom made and the 6 inch lines are about 80 quid. money well spent again. also if u do alot of *spirited* driving i cant reccommend DOT 5.1 more strongly u wont get even a hint of brake fade with this stuff.

Well I have got my new pads today - delivered while I was at work so I couldn't wait to get home and get them on to see if they made a difference.

The short answer is; Yes, they have cured it.

I have only been for a brief drive and won't have got the system hot, which is when the noise was worst but initial feelings are good. Absolutely no noise, clicking, whatever... Im properly chuffed and can't wait to head off tomorrow to get some use out of them! I have either damaged the old pads when removing them or they just really didn't like the design but not to worry its a thing of the past now lol!