New discs/Clutch bleed = ????

cliovirgin

Gold Member
I'm just about to have all four discs/pads fitted, plus complete refirb on the calipers with new seals,pistons and pins. Do i need to get the clutch bled at the same time ?????

I'm just about to have all four discs/pads fitted, plus complete refirb on the calipers with new seals,pistons and pins. Do i need to get the clutch bled at the same time ?????
I didn't when I did mine. However it was mentioned recently on here that it can be beneficial - hopefully someone will confirm

Brief description of how I do it.

With the car in the air, remove under tray

Find the bleed nipple - see photo

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff248/foxspeed_197/P6200002.jpg

Fit bleed tube to nipple, route the tube into container to catch fluid

Take the top off the master cylinder, ensure topped up with fluid

Now the 2 man method, one in car one under

Under car - Press the clip on the hydraulic pipe and pull back one knotch. Man in car pushes clutch pedal to floor and holds it down, you will have fluid coming from bleed tube, whilst pedal is down man under car presses clip on hydraulic pipe and pushes pipe back on. Once pipe is back on man in car releases clutch pedal. Pump pedal a few times.

Repeat the above, make sure you keep the master cylinder topped up.

We usually bleed through 1/4 ltr

You could also use an easy bleed kit

Hope that makes sense

Last edited:
Ohh is the regular brake tank fluid?
Thought its a different one ,ok thanks!
So it goes like brake fluid change : drain from nipple ( in this case one nipple only right?)and while that putting a new fluid till it gets out from the nipple ?( thats how i do the brakes ,just from 4 callipers)

Last edited:
Do it, only adds a few minutes to the job, you never know you may end up with a slicker gear change.
All sorted, can't say the clutch feels any different, but never had any clutch/gearbox issues anyway. As for the brakes, they are amazing. Just need some paint, to cover couple of small scratches on the calipers.