200T: New Clio unveiling at Monoco Grand Prix?

Guys if you put it in context £34 is not a lot of money for that car. That thing has ohlins, brakes, Akrapovic, the expensive Recaro seats, harnesses, lithium batteries, axle from the racer, lots of bespoke parts and R&D to make sure all fits and works. Add the wider track and wider arches to accommodate this and you end up with a project which is faster for sure than the megane trophy R, lighter and equally - if not better - specced. And obviously much newer than the now very old megane RS mk3. What would people expect? £25k? lol

How much is a loaded golf R out of curiosity?

For less than the prices quoted I've ordered an m135i. Now I love Renault and think it's a very special car but if I had the choice of the two for the same price (not taking into account depreciation ofcouse) I'd choose the BMW all day. Like I said this looks an amazing car but I couldn't pay that much for a Renault. Can see this being a toy for the rich before eventually filtering down in a few years having not lost much value.

You have to be a Renault enthusiast to appreciate the car and what that offers to a petrol head.

I have had both an M135i and a V6 Clio, and if I had to choose again the M135i wouldn't stand a chance, even though it is a better car in nearly every aspect!

Limited run of 250 if they make it.
Which surely if you have a low mileage one in about 10-15 years time will be a future classic and will demand classic prices.
Look at the price of a V6 now compared to 8 years ago.

Any rare hatchback now days are going for a lot of money.
Seen a Williams for 22k the other day.

liking all this dribble over price....just look at some of the jerman stuff and how costly it is but people seem to fall over each other to buy...this superclio is loaded with bespoke parts and has what most have moaned about missing from 200t ie brembos/perfo hub/bigger more powerful engine..it aint going to be cheap wake up people

liking all this dribble over price....just look at some of the jerman stuff and how costly it is but people seem to fall over each other to buy...this superclio is loaded with bespoke parts and has what most have moaned about missing from 200t ie brembos/perfo hub/bigger more powerful engine..it aint going to be cheap wake up people

Agree! They prob put 4-5k on it after all the attention it seems to be getting!!

I really can't remember the last time I got excited so much over a car. Not even with the trophy R (being a Renault fanboy) which effectively is a stripped out megane with ohlins that you could spec on a 275 anyway.

I've mentioned in the past how much I like lotuses but honestly, if I was about to chose between a used 6 years old example and this super clio I'd probably go Renault.
1 series BMWs just don't do anything for me and at that price range I can't think of anything close to as exciting as this super clio.
Focus Rs have lost the awesome 5 pot and aggressive looks, let alone they are 1600 kgs. Type R is ugly no matter how capable is and clearly nothing is as special as this bad boy.
Well done Renault, once again.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I really can't remember the last time I got excited so much over a car. Not even with the trophy R (being a Renault fanboy) which effectively is a stripped out megane with ohlins that you could spec on a 275 anyway.

I've mentioned in the past how much I like lotuses but honestly, if I was about to chose between a used 6 years old example and this super clio I'd probably go Renault.
1 series BMWs just don't do anything for me and at that price range I can't think of anything close to as exciting as this super clio.
Focus Rs have lost the awesome 5 pot and aggressive looks, let alone they are 1600 kgs. Type R is ugly no matter how capable is and clearly nothing is as special as this bad boy.
Well done Renault, once again.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Can't agree more Yiannis. All week I've been so excited about this car! Have to agree with you about the BMW / Ford and Honda too, none of them do anything for me but this Clio is just insane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has no body seen the special edition fiat 500s? insane money. This clio would rape nearly everything?!

If they get the handling right, it'll probably be the best FWD car out there, even better than the Type R where even that has more power. The Type R is a heavy ass car. You can feel it when you drive it.

Agreed, I'd only buy one if I had that kind of money lying around for a second car, which will never happen! However, if I was deliberating what to do with £34k on an empty stomach, I'd no doubt buy 34,000 Toblerone's from Pound Land :thumbup:

Loving this project.

Out of curiosity, what driver's car would you buy if you were about to spend £34k? Talking about new cars of course.

Loving this project.

Out of curiosity, what driver's car would you buy if you were about to spend £34k? Talking about new cars of course.

Honestly, a bigger and more powerful hot hatch. You could pick up the new Focus RS (and pocket £4K for upgrades), a Type R, Golf R (both of which are also cheaper) for that kinda money and I'd almost definitely have one of those ahead of this. I'm sure that this is an awesome drive but, outside of track days, I doubt you'd get the most out of it and so I'd opt for something more powerful out of the box, something which is more usable with a family and preferably something with AWD (which kinda rules the Type R out). Or just got Toblerone crazy like [MENTION=53807]Micah[/MENTION]. :lol:

Last edited:
Fair enough [MENTION=54404]MRizzle[/MENTION]. Cracking cars of course no question about that but the 1600Kgs for the ford is a major let down for me. Golf is a mainstream golf and honda is a marmite thing although extremely capable.

That Clio is super special in my eyes, limited run, rare, gorgeous looking with lots of bespoke, premium and racing parts on it. Can't really compare it with the rest to be honest..

For 34k I'd have an Audi S3, but this Clio would get some serious consideration. Bear in mind that if you were to throw an extra £400 at the Clio for a remap you'd have a 5 door hatchback with over 300bhp - enough to satisfy the wife and would easily keep up with a Focus RS.

To be honest Sean that Clio should easily keep up with the Ford as it is. It is 400 Kgs lighter!

True enough I suppose. I pass a Ford dealership on the way home every night and the new FRS does look a touch on the chunky side. (And if I were to have any FRS it would be a Mk1).

Last edited: