New Clio RS 200T EDC Lux with Cup chassis owner

Hi all, at the grand old age of 43, I have decided to treat myself to a new RS 200T EDC Lux.

I pick her up on the 28 November, can't way to be honest as test drove her today and it was just brills :001_tt1:

Spec includes the cup chassis, 18 inch black alloys, red brake callipers, Rlink plus six speaker sound system, heated black leather seats, rear park sensors and reversing camera, all wrapped up in white :001_tt1:

I've owned many a car including 2 x VW MK5 GTI's with dsg (one was the Edition 30 with a remap to 300 bhp), VW Passat R36, 2 x 5 series 540 v8's, Volvo V8 and Volvo s60R, Insignia biturbo and the list goes on, however this has to be the most fun I've had in a car for ages,...plus the most I have ever looked forward to owning.

Pics of course will come in time, just wanted to say hi.

I have had mine for the last 2 months and love it

Great colour choice too.

Welcome to the site

Welcome to the family.

Nice list of previous cars too, how do the dsg paddle shifts compare to the Renault paddle shift?

Ashton, cheers buddy, must admit been following your thread and mods and looking forward to seeing someone take the plunge on a remap, understand these little motors can achieve over 230bhp and 340nm torque once done,....

Welcome to the family.

Nice list of previous cars too, how do the dsg paddle shifts compare to the Renault paddle shift?

Have to say the EDC box ain't a bad unit once you get used to the pinch points, much smoother than the 3 x dsg boxes I had with VW. I have to say though that all my dsg boxes were totally unreliable and needed over £2k of work doing to them, namely mechatronic units, luckily all under warranty. They were really 'jerky' in slow traffic between 1st and 2nd although when they worked they were smooth and quick in their delivery. Sport and race mode on the clio box is just sick, really quick.

I am just about to take the plunge for the KW Clubsports

I was going yo go with the k-tec turbo back exhaust but I'm gonna hold fire until supersprint bring out their race system

And to top of the Xmas treats I will be getting some new Rota Titan wheels in red shod with some stickier rubber for track (sm2 didn't quite cut it at donnington)

I turned down an offer from forge to use my car for their new intercooler development. They wanted to put different hoses on and a shabby dump valve so I passed up the offer

From what I hear a full exhaust and a remap has seen these in excess of 250bhp over in France

Madness

Congrats, great car! Had mine for 2 months now and love it! In total agreement about the sport and race mode, it's too enjoyable! My dads just turned 50 and owner over 40 cars in his time and he just loves it too, he recently picked up an slk automatic and I have to say having driven it we both find the clios gearbox a lot smoother and a hell of a lot quicker to shift gears

I am just about to take the plunge for the KW Clubsports

I was going yo go with the k-tec turbo back exhaust but I'm gonna hold fire until supersprint bring out their race system

And to top of the Xmas treats I will be getting some new Rota Titan wheels in red shod with some stickier rubber for track (sm2 didn't quite cut it at donnington)

I turned down an offer from forge to use my car for their new intercooler development. They wanted to put different hoses on and a shabby dump valve so I passed up the offer

From what I hear a full exhaust and a remap has seen these in excess of 250bhp over in France

Madness

250 bhp :lol:, blimey the bhp per ton must be over the 200 mark making for a seriously rapid machine. I've also heard that they've managed to get the flbt per ton over 200 too, now that means not only do you have a seriously rapid straight line tool, you also get the overtaking extra punch of a hi powered diesel :001_tt1:

Have to say cheers guys for all the replies, it is though making it harder for me as I can't collect my car until the 28 November, too many sleeps!!

Great forum, just love the community spirit,..

Welcome to the forum as far as I can tell you only mistake is not picking black :wink: am sure you will enjoy massively

media.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpg

Here you go, a few teasers for now.

Luckily I managed to get one with cup chassis, heated leather seats, rear sensors and reverse camera plus the rlink monitor, well impressed and one of the reasons why the next couple of weeks is going to go so slowly as I can't have her until 28th :blink:

Attachments

• media.jpg
    media.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 34