New Car Ideas

Your budget would get you a low miles, late Mk7.5 Golf R. Very capable cars and usually really well specced, running and servicing costs aren't mad. You could get a Mk8 in your price range but they're fugly. On a similar platform a 2015-2018 Audi RS3 could be had, the 2.5 5 cylinder engine is an absolute peach and sounds really good.

My money would go on a Hyundai i30N though to be fair, I believe £34k buys you a new one too. The other choice would be a Porsche 718 Cayman, seem to be a few years old and 30-50k miles but they're a great drivers car.

Reactions: burrellbloke
£35K would very nearly get you a 1 year old old Kia Stinger… which is what I bought just over 6 months ago!

It can be a relaxed and super comfortable cruiser, or hilariously fast and slightly scary… when you feel like it.

Reactions: Big Ben
Thank you to everyone who gave me ideas, input and sent me private messages.

I have driven a Yaris GR today (or is it a GR Yaris?) and pulled the trigger on one.

I did the maths and worked out as good as a M2 Comp sounds it would really stretch my finances, and probably break them if there were any issues with a BMW in the future. The Yaris I have purchased has only got 4,500 miles on it. It has a 10 year warranty.

The Yaris is just a bonkers car so I decided I may as well try one.