New 200t a rare sight

It was not a swipe and i did not mean it that way

i was only pointing out that 7000 people have bought the car and im sure for good reasons

I still havent seen another on the road yet since i have had mine :smile:

one of the reasons why is the massive privilege discount people can get from ford....theres been a few change their cars 3 times!!! and not lose come trade in time...

I saw a 200T last Friday, near Northwich in Cheshire. This is significant because it was the very first one I've seen on the road. I mean, for feck sake, I saw a Twizzy drive past my house earlier this year. I saw a Twizzy on the road before I saw a 200T.

Incidentally, I see 3 or 4 200's in the area on a fairly regular basis.

Despite all the Pistonheads forums and the like slating Renault for making a car that no one likes and they haven't sold any and they are going to lose money and this and that.....The 200T aside, with the amount of facelift clio's i've seen on the roads i'm sure Renault sales figures are looking pretty healthy. They are everywhere!

Maybe I was in the right place at the right time, but I saw 4 others in the last week. I do occasionally see a few but I think a few must be ecop cars and as I'm only down the road from RUK I assume they're run by employees

This side of the water I'm still to see my first one. Chances are slim though as I very rarely see any other 197s or 200s.

I still het people stopping and staring in fuel stations when i fill up

People stop and stare at your 200t because it is such a sick looking car mate!!! absolutely love it!!!
if I didnt have my Fez ST and I went for a Clio 200t, white, lowered, 18"s in black. done. period. finish. the end. :smile:

I had a Renault Zoe behind me on the West Road in Newcastle last weekend (first one I've seen) wonder if he thought ooh there's a 200t - probably not :001_unsure:

Seen 1 in the north east outside of my place of work that persuaded me to take the plunge. If experience of exclusivity is anything to go by had an abarth 500 and the residuals come trade in were excellent and it was rare I spotted one. Saying that the amount of money i have lost of clio sports is eye watering, hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Can't say that I've seen another 200T round this way (SW Scotland... Dumfries area) at all.

JEL

How are you finding the cup suspension and the larger wheel / tyre combo in day-to-day use?

Just starting to wonder if I maybe should have ticked the cup suspension box when ordering my car!?!?!

Slightly daft I know, but due to the long lead times to actually get a car, I've gone and ordered mine (LUX in flame red) without having a test drive yet (the dealer keeps saying that "the demo car is coming by the end of the week"... so's bloody Christmas at this rate!!!).

I wondered if I amend my order to include the cup suspension, if it will slow my order up!?

PS. JEL ... Out of interest. How long did your car take to arrive from ordering it ?

Ordered mine in June and it should be here late September early October. Can't wait!:thumbsup:

I've seen more Twizys on the road than 200t's. I hope renault are making money on the 'regular' Clio, as unless they're making huge profits on the limited number or RS's they've made a mistake in the way they've gauged the market. Renault and Ford took two completely different approaches. Renault decided to move away from it's 'hardcore' fan base and build a softer more rounded car for a more 'grown up' audience (read: non-track day goers, mums and small families). Ford went in the other direction, and hotted up their car and focused on providing something the 'enthusiast' wants. By Renaults own admission they wanted to make the RS clio more 'accessible, practical and less hard core', they also wanted to sell more of them. They've only achieved one of those goals.

I'm not going to slate the Clio, or the Fiesta, they're both good cars if you know what you want - in fact if the Mrs didn't do so much mileage the Clio with 5drs and an Auto box could have been a contender for our next car. But if those figures are correct, I reckon there's a frenchman in the marketing and statistics department with a lot of explaining to do.

This thread made me laugh! When I was picking up my NA 200 from renault main dealer they asked me several times (thought they were joking at first) if I was sure I didn't want to buy their 200T! Turns out it had been sat on the forecourt for 3 months with not a single bit of interest shown in it. IMO Renault have always made the hot hatch that 'car guys' wanted, the new one seems to be trying to entice a new type of buyer that ford/vauxhall have made their money from over the last 10 years. Disclaimer: - I am not saying 'car guys' can't like fords or vauxhalls, don't shout at me. please.

This thread made me laugh! When I was picking up my NA 200 from renault main dealer they asked me several times (thought they were joking at first) if I was sure I didn't want to buy their 200T! Turns out it had been sat on the forecourt for 3 months with not a single bit of interest shown in it. IMO Renault have always made the hot hatch that 'car guys' wanted, the new one seems to be trying to entice a new type of buyer that ford/vauxhall have made their money from over the last 10 years. Disclaimer: - I am not saying 'car guys' can't like fords or vauxhalls, don't shout at me. please.

I had the opposite experience, my local renault dealer can't keep a demo car because people keep buying it straight after driving it. (According to the salesman who also told me that the 200edc is twice as fast as the 200....)

I've seen only 1 or 2 of 200T Clios here in Zagreb. And I could bet one is a demo vehicle.

I remember back in 2008. when I bought my 197 there were at least 5 197's that I used to see regularly and in time there were 10 197's that I used to see. And now there are like 5-7 197/200 that I can see on the street.

I had the opposite experience, my local renault dealer can't keep a demo car because people keep buying it straight after driving it. (According to the salesman who also told me that the 200edc is twice as fast as the 200....)

Think the issue here was no one was interested in test driving it priced at over £19,000!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1