Neighbours car just slid into my wife's... Help please

Chrisgti6

East Midlands Rep.
Ok, so we just got a knock on the door from the neighbour over the road. He'd tried to park on his driveway (it's on a slope) and got stuck half way up because of the snow. He stopped and got out to fetch a snow shovel and whilst gone his car decided to slide down his driveway across the road and into the rear quarter of my wife's parked car.

Now, I assume this will be classed as his fault? But will his insurance company try and go 50/50 because he wasn't in it? Or is it pretty clear cut?

Cheers

Chris

Your vehicle didn't move and his did so in my opinion its his fault, would leave it to insurance, your car is parked up and nobody trying to move it so your insurance will argue it. I wouldn't panic, have you taken photo's?

Gah, sorry to hear that!!!

Was his car running at the time? Pretty clear cut to me, his fault...

He couldn't get up the icy hill so he decided to get out and leave it there for abit...

wowwwwww.

Hope he pays for all of it mate, wrong place wrong time :worried:

Yes his car was running when I got out there, not taken any pics however our next door neighbour saw it happen as he'd just parked up himself.

Just wanted to get some opinions as the mrs was panicking that she would have to pay her excess. The cars only 4 months old ffs!

No excess as you arent claiming against your policy. Its all 3rd parties fault. You may have to declare it on next policy renewal but you wont be paying a penny :thumbup:

No fault claim. Wtf was he doing leaving it on a slope it was slipping on.

Dopey tw@t.

Not exactly the same situation but my sister's neighbor 's car rolled off their driveway and hit a house on the slope. 100% the neighbours fault.

All sorted, it's being picked up on Wednesday and a hire car delivered. Insurance are perusing it as a non fault claim, aiming to claim on his insurance.

Thanks for the support guys

Chris