Strange Neighbours

So last night I had quite an odd experience..

I was in bed watching TV with the Mrs, and I hear the sound of air being released out of something as the window is open. Unusual!

So I knock the TV off, still hear air. Jump up and look out the open window and a guy is crouched down at my van's back wheel in the dark...

I do what anyone would do and shout "Are you letting my ****ing tyre down?!"

To which the ejit jumps up and says "No, I'm not, I'm letting air out of my tyre, the valve is dodgy" (went on like that)

08a717c4f6e397abacf63aed4ccfd04d.jpg

As you can see I only had view of my van and he was crouching at the back wheel. His car was behind and nearly out of sight..

Anyway, today the plot thickens!

I arrive home today, this time he's parked much further forward, which means I can't park the work van outside. No problem, just ditched it around the corner. He just visits the neighbour, but prefers not to park his car on the empty driveway.

Within minutes of me starting to work on the Clio in the garage, out he appears!

The very first thing he says "You were parked too close to my car".

I think we have found the issue here..

Now his story changes. He claims that his car had a low pressure warning, before getting in to it, and that he was letting air out of his tyre, to clear the valve.

Low pressure warning, lets more pressure out, okay.

He then says he was inspecting his car for white paint off the black plastic transit rear bumper.

Rather awkwardly his Mrs (my neighbour) appears now with her dog.

First words out of her mouth "Josh the thing is there has been several complaints about you in the neighbourhood. You woke up one of the lady's across the way at 5.30 a few months ago, and another complained about you running your car on the driveway when working on it during the day"

Now I did wake someone up, it was the one and it's the only time something like that happened! FCS, up power early to get to Donnington. Though nothing ever direct to me unfortunately.

Me running my car up early in the morning is a rare occurrence as it's a track car and I drive a little swb transit every day.

Then she said, they must have been the ones to let your tyre down!!

This just craiced me up.. I explained what actually happened, her tone quickly changes and she just stares at her boyfriend.

I explained to both of them that had that been a stranger letting air out of any car in the close I would have reacted the same. I just told him to leave it at that and to let me work on my car.

I think this is up there with one of either the greatest coincidences of all time, or I simply just caught an idiot being spiteful about parking.

Who do you believe?!! It just seems too far fetched

197 Meglio Racer ! http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-track-sprint-car-cup-racerified-and-now-boosted.53560/

Reactions: jamesgw200
I’d have run down, caught him at it and fronted him.

He should have been a man and told you his / the issues to your face.

You can’t do anything about it if you don’t know.....

A swift blow to the gut, followed by the inevitable 'why'd you do that' In which you reply, just letting some air out mate, as you walk away. That'll learn em. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: ///M
Parked too close to your car am I? Sorry I didn't realise we were all supposed to give you more room. When was that decided? I must have missed that meeting...

Prick.

Come anywhere NEAR my car again and I'll be sending Charlie round with the dogs, he is NOT a reasonable man, ok sunshine?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Some people mate. What planet are they on?

Agree with Shuv, I'd have got down stairs and outside very quietly and creeped up and asked him what the hell he was playing at while videoing him. As if that's acceptable behaviour.

I'd be in police custody if someone did that to my vehicle.
Happened to me before when I caught someone chopping my valve off with a hammer and crowbar because I parked too near his driveway!
Just let him be a prick and try and stay above it all

I'd be in police custody if someone did that to my vehicle.
Happened to me before when I caught someone chopping my valve off with a hammer and crowbar because I parked too near his driveway!
Just let him be a prick and try and stay above it all

Bloody hell mate!!!

Reminds me of something kinda similar happening to me. I turned a corner to find my car bouncing up and down. There's a guy behind pushing up and down on the boot.

"WTF ARE YOU DOING???!!!"

> "Is this your car?"

"Yes it f**king is, what are you doing???"

> "you are parked too near my drive, I'm trying to set the alarm off..."

Pulled my phone out right in front of him and pretended "police please" and he ran off up the street. Didn't even run into his house. HILARIOUS. Ran like a girl too. :smiley:

Bloody hell mate!!!

Reminds me of something kinda similar happening to me. I turned a corner to find my car bouncing up and down. There's a guy behind pushing up and down on the boot.

"WTF ARE YOU DOING???!!!"

> "Is this your car?"

"Yes it f**king is, what are you doing???"

> "you are parked too near my drive, I'm trying to set the alarm off..."

Pulled my phone out right in front of him and pretended "police please" and he ran off up the street. Didn't even run into his house. HILARIOUS. Ran like a girl too. :smiley:
Wish I'd thought of that!!
Although to be fair it was a few years back and don't think I had a mobile...

Reactions: ///M
All these problems you guys have. I live on my own, no neighbours, on the Scottish Moors. I did have to shout at the Deer last night. as they were making a racket, then I realised its the rutting season!. Well, thats all the excitement until next September. How I envy you all down there.

All these problems you guys have. I live on my own, no neighbours, on the Scottish Moors. I did have to shout at the Deer last night. as they were making a racket, then I realised its the rutting season!. Well, thats all the excitement until next September. How I envy you all down there.

Envy?

I'd much rather have deer for neighbours than people!

:smiley:

Reactions: nutnutwelshman