need some advice

yer i am slightly wondering about the willingness to drive it down to me...

but hes not comig right to my house i gotta meet him bout 2 hours away still makes it better than a 8 hour drive... to his showroom.

but i will look into everything first, debating a 200 tbh. alough i dont see the point as i do so many miles...

Forget his nice story and doing you a favour.

You're going to drive for 2 hours and hand over your car and £3k to someone you don't know for a car you haven't seen and know little about.

It could be a stolen one on false plates, could be an unlisted smashed and repaired, could be clocked, could be 5 miles off blowing up, could be on the last owners V5 details having trusted the new buyer to fill them in and post it... what comeback do you have? Absolutely none. He could be anyone too, false docs are a doddle.

You've no proof or real idea where this chap lives and he's doing a deal that not only easily conceals his details but puts you under pressure to deal quickly without maybe checking everything you should be.

Wandering into a dealer with a rod hole in the block on a car you've just bought is going to ring alarm bells in Renault and they'll look for any excuse to wriggle out of it. Worse still the Police knocking on your door and taking the car off you.

Please, please don't do this. If you do, meet at a Renault dealer and pay them a few hours labour to go over the car and check everything on their computers adds up.

Last edited:
Im all honesty if you dont take Mikes advice there you are asking for trouble. Its very sound advice and its not even that great a deal - there are better ones to be had if you take a bit of time and dont rush into it! IMO you need to take a step back and think about it. You seem a sensible guy wi your business so play it in the same way - weigh up the options...