need some advice

right well my clio which i have owned since nov last year has now reached 43k miles it was on 26k when i bought it.

i have recently found a racing blue full fat cup for sale and im lucky as the guy whos selling it is driving past my front door almost on sat.

he gave me a part x deal of 7000, without looking at the car, which means i need to give him £3000 more to do the deal the cup is on a 58 plate with 14months warrenty left, its got 20k miles on it.
speedlines recaros cup spoiler the works pretty much.

would other people be tempted by this im really concidering swapping my normal basic clio 197 with the luxurys etc for a clio cup which looks better but not so much spec. (but one thing ways out anouther really as i dont have speedlines now, i dont have recaros, i dont have the cup chas, i dont have 14 months warrenty which is what i like the most about this deal and my cars a 56 plate which means im paying 3k to get a 2 year newer car with warrenety and a slight better spec and way better colour. if i was to buy this cup can i add an ipod connector easy? as with mine now as i have the 6cd changer i cant?

also is there really that much more of a basic feel to the cup?

would you say the price is good?

does the cup have cruise control etc?

please help me decide on this the deal will be done this weekend.

i am thinking reading back through this its a good deal 10k for a better newer nicer looking clio :smile:

how new is the new one, seems a little pricey to me mate

I'm not sure sure which i like more, the cup chassis or the toys. Hmmmm, thinking about it I prefer the chassis :wink:

oh and the cup doesnt have cruise control

yer i just looked close to one of the pics and noticed that, means i will need to drive more back roads hay lol.

its a 58 plate the new one hes offerd me 7k for my 56 plate on 43k miles with steering wheel melt...

iv never driven a cup. but my mini use to be very stiff and i loved it made me feel much more speedy and more in control where as my clio now just seems to feel like a bus sometimes.

is there really much difference, im thinking if i buy it kws will be going on anyways almost right away.

it will just be a quick safty step as its got a warrenty i dont plan on keeping over a year due to the miles i do and depreciation. ill then probs move onto 200 or such.

just dunno if im going to miss the comfort. but cups seem to be holding there price better and this car im looking ats in scotland but hes coming to london next week, seems like a sign really lol

if your gonna put KW's on it straight away I'd keep what you have. You'll just be removing all the benefits of the cup chassis, bar the ARB.

And 43k on a modern car is nothing, the engine will be nicely run in :smile:

Blue better than red? Don't think so! Lol! Personally I would never have a Cup. Especially considering how many miles you do. You don't get keyless entry, no start button, no air con, fewer air bags, no projector or xenon headlights, no rear head restraints, no soft touch dash, black exterior plastics and door handles and no cruise control. I think that's it, but when you think how much kit you have got on your current 197, it is a bit like down grading. I know it's a newer car, but cup's are worth less in the first place. I would buy an extended warrenty and forget about the seats and suspension. If you do high mileage, you might find the cup too hard on long journey's anyway. As for a cup spoiler, just get one fitted. It won't cost you £3k! Speedlines well, your choice but your black standard wheels are nice in my opinion anyway! Not sure about the stereo, i'd imagine it'd be able to have an ipod connection.

Reading your first post it doesnt exactly make perfect sense.

The new car your being offered is a Full Fat with cup chassis? Yet you are worried about the cheaper Cup interior?

If its a Full Fat 197 with Cup then you get the same interior as the car you have currently.

What you need to find out is weather its a Cup or Full fat with Cup chassis.

na its a cup my bad on that.

looking at the posts above i think im gunna wait out for an rb ff with cup chas.

as i like the nice things but want the seats etc. + will only take me a few months to save for a new 200 to spec but dont think i want a brand new car.

knowing its a cup nooddie what would you do?

is the cup chas much different. i like a hard ride. mine just feels boring, bar the chav miltek on the rear

I'd be more concerned about him happening to be passing by to drop it off and being so willing to take yours in P/X unseen.

14 months warranty isn't going to fix accident damage, bad repairs, neglect etc etc... it's a potential false crutch.

Call my miserable, but that stinks to high heaven. I hope I'm wrong though.

hes seeing family and i said i could fly up. he then said he was on his way to brighton and if i was really intrested would drive it instead of his car. seems ok to me. i would have been worried if i said i live in london, and then he just turn round and say ill drive it down.

i see what you mean though the thought crossed my mind. im just unsure on what to do. buy a new 200/250 maybe in 2 months and loose 5k over 2 years or whatever.

or buy a clio 197 now get rid probs just after crimbo and loose the 3 k i added too it and maybe buy a frs2 or something else
:S

na its a cup my bad on that.

looking at the posts above i think im gunna wait out for an rb ff with cup chas.

as i like the nice things but want the seats etc. + will only take me a few months to save for a new 200 to spec but dont think i want a brand new car.

knowing its a cup nooddie what would you do?

is the cup chas much different. i like a hard ride. mine just feels boring, bar the chav miltek on the rear

Our 200 is a proper Cup so the more basic interior doesnt bother us. We have Recaro seats so its still a nice place to sit. Air con is something that we've never used in our past 4 cars so again something on the Full Fat we can live without.

Its really down to personal preference really. Can you live without the luxuries of electric mirrors, air con, cruise control? If not the a Full Fat with Cup chassis is the car for you.

i can live without all that i dont have the electiric mirrors now and i dont use air con its just im worried about the inside. if it feels cheap then i dont think ill like. but if theres very lil difference i dont mind so much. the recaros sell it for me and the 14 months warrenty on it due to the miles i do its a nicer feel knowing your safe on the engine front...

i am fed up of my ****ty miltek aswell too loud :worried: im only 20 and saying that is sad i know but it does my head it brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr all the time (saying that love the pops and bangs tho)

How often do you stroke your dashboard? If its often enough nd you like the "softer feel" then the FF is the one to go for.

If you dont stroke your dash very often and dont mind it being slightly harder then go for the Cup. Also on the FF the vent surrounds are dark silverish (I think) but on the Cup they are the same colour as the dash. So again if you cant live without different coloured vent surrounds then the Cup is a possability.

OK, just have something like an RAC or independent inspection done, buying a car like that and under pressure can be a recipe for disaster. I've fallen foul of the rose tinted specs before now...

yer i am slightly wondering about the willingness to drive it down to me...

but hes not comig right to my house i gotta meet him bout 2 hours away still makes it better than a 8 hour drive... to his showroom.

but i will look into everything first, debating a 200 tbh. alough i dont see the point as i do so many miles...

youve just answerd your own question
if you do that amount of miles you would wipe
that 3 grand of in no time

Surly you could get a 58 plate ff cup chassis all options for the same money? Some one off here just bought an LY R27 for 11k With 14k on the clock!!! I wouldnt downgrade to a cup. Renault warrenty means jack. Your engine will be fine. Just spend the money on KW's and a spoiler. Or but an R27 a year older prob with the same mileage for the same money.

How come your always so worried about warrenty? Have you really had that much work done to your car? Thought about extended warrenty?

Or do you just want a new car lol :wink:

I think if I were you I would find a used 200 FF with Cup chassis - perhaps one of the very first to come out. How come you want this 197 so bad anyway? Because if it's just the seats, chassis and colour then I think you'll be disappointed tbh. Don't forget, the cup is no quicker than an FF Clio. They just handle a bit better, which you could do to yours with the £3k. But as I said, if I were you, I'd wait and buy a used 200 to the spec you want and don't rush in to it. You haven't even had your car a year yet too!