Need a little advice... Projectors?

Hey Guys

Picked up a Clio 200 a few weeks ago and so far so good, although i have noticed one of my lights seems duller than the other.

I've got what appear to be projectors, they have the black inserts too. Although when i stand about 10m away and look at them, one is yellow and one is ice white, as i crouch down and look eye level with them, they both then show as ice white.......

Further to this, i took it in for a service last week and they said on the service sheet "side lights inop, looks like some sort of xenon after market kit"

I'm almost certain it isn't, i have cornering lights.. and i believe the cornering lights option also gives you projectors?

Can anybody shed any light on the above.

A) Are these standard lights
B) How can i level them out as one is aimed lower than the other causing the colour difference.

cheers
n

It is a possibility that the previous owner has fitter HID's and not put the bulb in right.

I would take the offending bulb out and refit it, hopefully on the right level. Further to the note from the service, do the sidelights work or not? Might be an indication whether there is anything 'extra' fitted.

passenger side looks duller. When looking at it from normal height the passenger side is yellow and the driver side is white, when i crouch at eye level, they both look white....

I also pulled it up against the garage wall and looks at the light levels... the passenger side is a bit lower.... any ideas on a fix?

i'll try and take some pics too

as paul said make sure the bulbs are fitted correctly first

then it could be the bulb filament is faulty and causing the pattern to be wrong

failing those - the headlight might just need a small turn of the adjuster to bring it back up

Shine it up against a wall and look at the pattern, from drivers side to passager side should be a flat line then flick up

cheers guys, i'll have a check tonight up against the wall then.

haven't popped the headlamps off yet but from the bonnet it looks pretty tight!.... i imagine its not too tricky though.. right? :smile:

wheres the adjuster?

Theres a hole in the top of the headlight, and theres a white plastic alan screw in there

thanks for the help, here are a few pics to try and help explain.
The show roughly the light levels against my garage door, there really isnt much in it but the passenger side light is a little lower both on the flat part and the "lick" upwards.

As you can see from the front on pic, the difference in the lights is quite drastic from that angle... if i go even lower with the camera, they both then show up very brightly....

I've also put a picture in of what i think is the level adjuster? can somebody confirm it for me please? (the white cross/alan key point)

Attachments

• Wealden-20110918-00032.jpg
    Wealden-20110918-00032.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Wealden-20110918-00033.jpg
    Wealden-20110918-00033.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Wealden-20110918-00035.jpg
    Wealden-20110918-00035.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-20110918-00031.jpg
    IMG-20110918-00031.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 24
Are you going to call it Blinky? :wink:

Not too sure on the adjuster I am afraid, I think that it would be part of the headlight unit. That looks like a part of the slam panel. Is there anything on the back of the light?

might have to mate :smile:

yeah i dont think it's it but somebody said white alan screw... and thats what that is, cant see one anywhere near the lamp itself!