N/a track car Vs 225 conversion

Michelin advises running them 36psi hot.
But end of the day they’re a road tyre, a true semi slick on a nice dry day you’ll be loving it!

Yeah see if you can get a stiffer spring.. you know what rates came with the yellowspeeds as standard ?

Harnesses make a massive difference.. one of the best mods I did
They are 7kg front springs and 4 rears. Looking on yellow speeds site there is a load of different options.

What would u suggest 9kg or more?

They are 7kg front springs and 4 rears. Looking on yellow speeds site there is a load of different options.

What would u suggest 9kg or more?

I’ve got what equates to 11/12kg front and 8/8.5 rear spring rates

It’s good for track and not that bad on the road

I’ve got what equates to 11/12kg front and 8/8.5 rear spring rates

It’s good for track and not that bad on the road

That's a full coilover setup on rear though Chris, so rears would be different as YSR are separate spring and damper on the rear.

@geordie it would be best to speak to Tegiwa / whoever you got them from and see what they suggest (tell them your whole spec, also the fact you will be stripping the car etc).

Reactions: Beany
That's a full coilover setup on rear though Chris, so rears would be different as YSR are separate spring and damper on the rear.

@geordie it would be best to speak to Tegiwa / whoever you got them from and see what they suggest (tell them your whole spec, also the fact you will be stripping the car etc).

Sorry keep forgetting they’re different, I think the YSR will have a lot softer rebound setting too.. still think they’re just a fast road coilover.

Reactions: suj
I think if they are like HSDs etc it should still allow stiffer springs, I ran "Nürburgring spec" springs from HSD on my E36 (I actually was the first one to) and they weren't damped differently but had 12kg front and rear springs, over the standard 7kg/8kg ones, so it might still be in the correct damping range depending on the coilovers (why I suggested speaking to Tegiwa who are the Europe distributors, as they will know more).

Reactions: geordie and Beany
I've been struggling with this same problem. To meglio or get a diff and do up the box and get a lightweight flywheel.

I use the car for sprints and from on boards I can see I am faster in the corners than some other cars but on the straights they leave me for dead and as its not reliable or cost effective to get more power from the clio engine it leaves me thinking about a megane engine.

I have a 275 megane as a road car and it just feels so much faster, probably the torque.

I was thinking of the KTR/3J diff.

Hi geordie. I’ve had my 197 for nearly five years now. Tracked it since I bought it and upgraded parts as I went. Finally got to where you are and was fed up of cars pulling away down the straights after I’d closed during the twisties and braking.

ive never wanted a stripped out racer as I like to drive at weekends occasionally so decided to get a meg conversion for more straight line speed.
Best thing I’ve done. Yes it was expensive and no I’ll never recoup my outlay but am I worried? No sir. Takes a while to get used to the different power delivery and loses a little bit of racecar noise but the payoff is worth it.
my car weighs a hefty 1280kg and Beany’s is 1150 and like he said I’m quicker per lap round a tight circuit like Cadwell. At Bedford Though in a few weeks the gap will be huge! Bit of advice would be defo get the R26 gearbox as it has a diff and forge it straight away before fitting.
Good luck. Any questions fire away

Hi geordie. I’ve had my 197 for nearly five years now. Tracked it since I bought it and upgraded parts as I went. Finally got to where you are and was fed up of cars pulling away down the straights after I’d closed during the twisties and braking.

ive never wanted a stripped out racer as I like to drive at weekends occasionally so decided to get a meg conversion for more straight line speed.
Best thing I’ve done. Yes it was expensive and no I’ll never recoup my outlay but am I worried? No sir. Takes a while to get used to the different power delivery and loses a little bit of racecar noise but the payoff is worth it.
my car weighs a hefty 1280kg and Beany’s is 1150 and like he said I’m quicker per lap round a tight circuit like Cadwell. At Bedford Though in a few weeks the gap will be huge! Bit of advice would be defo get the R26 gearbox as it has a diff and forge it straight away before fitting.
Good luck. Any questions fire away

cheers mate,

Spoke to tegiwa and they can only do spring rates 2kg higher than standard and tryed to say adjusting the dampening would help .

Am I just wasting my time going for 9kg fronts and 6kg rear springs or should I just sell them and go for Gaz ?

Reactions: Beany and suj
Spoke to tegiwa and they can only do spring rates 2kg higher than standard and tryed to say adjusting the dampening would help .

Am I just wasting my time going for 9kg fronts and 6kg rear springs or should I just sell them and go for Gaz ?

It's a difficult one, as I'm sure you could go stiffer by another company for springs (just need dimensions of current ones) but even if you got them or off Tegiwa I assume it's £150ish for all 4 springs? It might be better speaking to someone like Matt @ Supreme Motorsport (@R27WTF ) and see what springs he suggests and costs, then work out how much you can sell the YSR for and put in the extra if your budget allows.

Reactions: geordie
On a previous car, BC would only recommended one step change in spring stiffness before the dampening would need revalving.
I guess the same would be applicable to the Yellowspeeds.

Reactions: suj
On a previous car, BC would only recommended one step change in spring stiffness before the dampening would need revalving.
I guess the same would be applicable to the Yellowspeeds.

I think YSR don't even offer revalving, so would have to go to another company. BC could possibly do them, but again by time you've done that, probably not far off the difference of Gaz Golds.

Reactions: Beany
Stay N/A. Get a diff and lightweight flywheel and good suspension.

My N/A 200 lapped Bedford (On Clio197.nets How Fast event in 2013) seconds faster than the 2 Meg'd 197s and 1 supercharged 197. On that day also, my N/A 200 was faster than a TTRS.