My Ultra Red 197 - Update - Trackday Photos

Cheers guys! I'm still on the 16mm spacers, just about right IMO.

Few more pics, shame that inside rear didn't lift slightly more for a spot of tripoding!
212539.jpg
211918.jpg
211917.jpg

Well, rear pads didn't have much meat left on them so time for some new ones, these just turned up from camskill:
EC7EBD47-5049-499F-B097-161AD4BCF82B-3026-000000E5089D2AF5.jpg

DS2500 to match the fronts :smile:

DS2500 are on the rear now. Gave them a good thrash to bed in and can honestly say they don't seem any different to standard pads. If replacing again I would save my money and buy from Renault.

But, I did seem to be getting nice bite.... However could just be because the brakes were hot from bedding in procedure. Not sure!

Will be interested to see if they're any better on track.

what spacers you using? and did you need longer bolts for the 16mm spacers? where did you get them from? sorry for all the questions

Cheers Deaks.

I'm on eibach 16mm front and rear. I did need longer bolts and longer locking bolts. Got them from larkspeed, can't remember the exact details but basically measure your current ones and add 16mm to the length (41mm long rings a bell)

Cheers Chris!

Update on the DS2500, after driving a few more times there's deffinitely more bite than with standard pads and braking does feel a bit more balanced. The handbrake is also very noticeably stronger if you put it on just before coming to a complete stop.

Still not really sure if they were worth the extra money over standards though

Found some more photos on my old phone

Painting the brakes with VHT primer, colour and lacquer. Note hot air gun used to speed up the drying between coats (2nd photo)
DSC00194.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

Finished with polished bolts and retaining clip/pins:
DSC00197.jpg
DSC00199.jpg

Now this is probably a really stupid question so forgive me! But after you've sprayed them red, how did you get the Brembo logo back? A steady hand and some black paint? :smiley:

Thanks Deaks! Do you know if the sticker is a eBay job? Or available else where :smile:

It's both :smile:

If I recall the eBay one is a tad smaller than the original but still does the job. I can't for the life of me remember who sells the stickers on here though ;/

I bought black stickers from eBay, loads of people sell them in different sizes so measure the standard logo and buy one the same size. Stick it onto the red paint and lacquer over the top.