My Ultra Red 197 - Update - Trackday Photos

Cheers guys.

Full system which I have is 7kg lighter, the slip on is 4kg lighter. Just been out for a proper drive and really does feel faster and freer revving, some nice pops when changing gear too!

Not sure what to do on tips, going to see if I can get the ones mike used to have from jamsport or maybe get some rings made up to get my old tips to fit.

Cheers guys.

Full system which I have is 7kg lighter, the slip on is 4kg lighter. Just been out for a proper drive and really does feel faster and freer revving, some nice pops when changing gear too!

Not sure what to do on tips, going to see if I can get the ones mike used to have from jamsport or maybe get some rings made up to get my old tips to fit.

Yeah just realised I read 4kg from the slip on system. Think Mike's Jamsport tips are probably the best solution.

Nice!! Any issues with flat spot??

Nothing at all. I had a remap when the car was still standard which cured the flatspot, still cured with the akrapovic :thumbup1:

I'll sell the tips if I can get some new ones, if not I'll get my current ones adapted. The tips I had were perfect for the standard exhaust though.

Nice work fella, i'm so jealous! Any chance of a vid with some sound effects?

I'd love a new exhaust....

It would be interesting to see the dyno before & after Akrapovič. :smile:

Did you had your car remapped using the dyno? If yes, you still have the readouts, and now you just need to do it again. :wink:

Just had the wheels refurbed by lepsons, fantastic finish on them and really pleased with the work they've done.

Only a quick iPhone photo for now
IMG_0426.jpg

Cheers guys, got some exhaust tips to put on the akro but just havent got around to putting them on yet!

The wheels are powder coated medium-dark anthracite but its a mega glossy finish so does almost look slightly chromed!

Been a while since any update on here!

Had KW V3 coilovers fitted, here's a pic from KTEC's facebook page:
560538_367236019965837_879950703_n.jpg

Then today had the MOT, went through with flying colours, not even an advisory! Emissions with the akrapovic Evo were fine, everything well under limit except lambda which just scraped through. If this is ever a problem in the future I'm sure getting it really hot will get it through!

I'm a couple of turns from lowest on the rear and front is set to match. Sitting a tiny bit lower than the eibach springs I had on before. Can't go any lower as I won't get out of the work carpark! Even set up like this it will just catch if there's anyone in the back seats

car is really nice, inspired me to do a few bits to my UR 197. did you notice much difference when you had it mapped from standard mate?

Cheers guys!

With the remap the cold start is a million times better, hardly kangaroos anymore. The flat spot was also completely removed. The VVT comes in sooner so you don't get such a kick from that but you get more mid-range torque. Peak power was up about 5bhp which isn't that noticeable to be honest but nice to know it's there :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions