My second set of Recaro's are starting to wear :(

I had my Recaro covers replaced under warranty about 2-3 months ago, and already my second set have started to wear very slightly and will no doubt continue!

What's the best way of dealing with this? Does anyone use any seat covers?

They are awesome seats, but this is taking the pee now!

Russ

I'm not keeping it for long enough to warrant the cost, but I want to try and keep it as mint as possible :worried:

What a stupid design!

Thats ridiculous mate I really feel sorry for you. Im in need of getting mine repaired soon enough but I would be really annoyed if they went again after that! Who does the design fault lie with though is it Renault or Recaro who are putting the dodgy covers on?

It's the lack of sponge between the frame of the seat and the material, so Recaro's I would assume

I'm going to call R-UK tomorrow to have a moan at them, I'll let you know how I get on!

Similar reports on the 200 seats already too! Which is a little worrying

My mate has a set of recaro covers, 2 bases 2 backs.
No idea what they are worth but was going to ebay them for him as everyone has the wear issues.

No doubt you'll get a buyer for them Steve - lots of worn ones out there now and not under warranty - maybe hold onto them for when the R27's all go out of warranty!

I think a replacement cover retails at £295 + VAT

Kinda makes me glad, as much as I'd like them, that I have the standard seats...

Although I noticed the edge of the standards are looking just a little roughed up, trying to make a conscious effort not to drag my leg over them when I get in!

Last edited:
Thats ridiculous mate I really feel sorry for you. Im in need of getting mine repaired soon enough but I would be really annoyed if they went again after that! Who does the design fault lie with though is it Renault or Recaro who are putting the dodgy covers on?

It's the lack of sponge between the frame of the seat and the material, so Recaro's I would assume

I'm going to call R-UK tomorrow to have a moan at them, I'll let you know how I get on!

Similar reports on the 200 seats already too! Which is a little worrying

The lack of foam is the same accross all the Sporster CS seats, I even checked the ones on the Recaro stand at Autosport show. The fault lies with the Renault material.

No doubt you'll get a buyer for them Steve - lots of worn ones out there now and not under warranty - maybe hold onto them for when the R27's all go out of warranty!

I think a replacement cover retails at £295 + VAT

Thats not bad for the 4 covers.
Capital seating charged me £100 to repair tiny hole next to seam!

I use seat covers. Bought them from Capital Seating. Should at least stop the fraying that tends to occur with the Renault material.

i love the recaros..one of the main reasons i went straight ahead and got the car without thinking. but i know the problem!! corsa vxr has half leather as standard, why did renault not do the same!!

seats

I've had the same problem, already had the base replaced but thats now going again.....currently have an open case with Renault Customer Services to replace the top half as dealer wouldnt for some reason.....puzzling as they have already replaced the base under warrenty. Had to send photos off and just waiting to see what they say...

i love the recaros..one of the main reasons i went straight ahead and got the car without thinking. but i know the problem!! corsa vxr has half leather as standard, why did renault not do the same!!

Dont think its the material mate. Think its the actual bolster ie. the clio one is a lot bigger/higher, thus is prone to more rubbing when getting in and out of the car.

The VXR seats dont hold you in, anywhere near as much as the clio ones.

I posted a while back, mine were replaced but the seat material has changed and been discontnued so I have requested that the whole lot is replaced. RUK have asked for images so got to go down tomorrow.

I've said there's no way I'm keeping the odd seat so for me they've no choice.

Last edited: