My second 197...

This week I p/x'd my 09 plate 197 Lux for an older 197 (finance came to an end and didn't have the lump sum to keep it). Bit :worried: but at the same time it's good getting rid of the £260 a month payment...

There's loads I want to get done on the car - obviously the interior isn't the same as the lux so this will be a priority. I've already got rid of the crap mats supplied and replaced with proper Renaultsport ones, the tatty tax disc is going and hopefully this weekend I'll be wrapping the boring center consol.

I've had the car 4 days now and the first big change has been complete...

Before

20sy42q.png

After

30ldrth.jpg

:smile:

New brake discs and pads are going on all round next week then the calipers will get a paint job.

I didn't particularly like the car when I picked it up - it seemed a step back but as I tart it up it's starting to put a smile on my face.

Wheels look good, think Grumpy is right that blue Calipers would suit well. :smile:

I have 2 tins of paint here. Was originally going to go with blue but then I saw some yellow ones against the blue & black wheels and thought it looked good. The mrs thinks it will look daft but I'm probably gonna try yellow - if it's too chavy then I'll re-do them!

Interior is now wrapped. Thinking it will need another attempt tho as some of the vinyl is peeling up. It's fine for now n can wait a couple of weeks.

Before (Forgot to take a pic of fully before)

kf1g1s.jpg

After

hv5cig.jpg

Noticed a bit of rusty flaking paint on the rear underneath the windscreen wiper, have started the prep today and will finish off tomorrow.

Left to do now are :

The Brakes (should be tuesday)
Calipers (after hol next week),
Sort iPod conection out - It has the pain in the arse Cabasse system so a simple aux input will do for now
Depending on cash - add Sprint Booster

I think I'll be happy enough then but ultimately will replace the head unit with a decent one with hands free and proper ipod connectivity.