My nuts are grubby

Has anyone else noticed how awful the quality is of the wheel nuts on the 200's (not sure if the 197 is the same)

Mine look scruffy and rusty and my car is only 9 months old, the wheels have never been taken off (until yesterday, 1st new tyres on the front)

Does anyone know what I can do about it, can you get them coated or where can I get news ones? Or should I moan to RUK?

They are going to end up letting the car down at this rate......

so far mine are original and not rusty.....

when i do the brake service i usually give them a covering of wd40 before putting back - but this will get washed off over time so not sure why they would be rust free still :tongueout:anic:

I think I'm gonna try and find a polarised set of wheel nuts. Look shiney and different.

I had the same problem, bought some covers got board so ended up buying a set of TPI Tuner bolts look quite differant but thats what its all about

Either complain to Renault and try and get them done under warranty...

Clean them and try and protect them with wd40 etc..

Clean the old ones and treat them and paint them with anti corrosive paint eg zinc primer and hammerite...

Cover them with caps...

Buy New ones...

I've tried all of these over the years just one of those things with steel bolts. Like most manufacturer's they use crap zinc plated bolts.

Will try get some pics up will b back end of the week as working like a dog at mo but will get some up. Will put them on a new post so u can't miss em
:thumbup1:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going to complain to Renault first.... as I have to have a 'word' with Renault UK about a couple of other little issues.....

The I'll get some caps to cover them up.