My new runabout car... whoops.

As some of you may know i have been looking for an ideal little runabout for the past few weeks as the cost of petrol now means a daily runner 2 litre isnt an option anymore.

So off i went to look at various Citroen 1 litre ax's, 1.1 fiestas, even a 1.5 boot back civic. although they were all cheap to insure, economical and reliable just the thought of viewing anymore let alone living and driving one got me yawning with boredom! No character or anything special about them.

This is where i lost sight of my original intentions to save money for a runabout and erm, bought this home instead :worried:

DSC01813.jpg

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01816.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

Now i have another project on top of the sierra and officially skint lol, not bad for a runabout though? :wink:

Its a ph1 car but with ph2 engine and gearbox so yes its the 115bhp model, although i seriously doubt its running anywhere near that after 80,000 miles of abuse lol!

lol ben like minds, i aam still ooking for a cheap motor but keep being drawn to these, yet to buy tho

lol ben like minds, i aam still ooking for a cheap motor but keep being drawn to these, yet to buy tho

I wouldnt call it cheap mate, insurance is silly on these for what they are!

Fortunately i got this for a bargain price of £500 with a solid shell, only very minor rust in the common places.

however there is a catch, the head gasket is pissing out coolant and bleeds itself dry every 200 miles lol, parts are already being collected to change it ( cambelt, waterpump, tensioner etc and im going to put new stem seals in the cylinder head whilst its out ).

Then shes good to go :wink: Seriously quicker than i expected! Luv it!

Hahaha mint!!!

I had one of these a few years back, loads of fun. You have to REALLY watch out for lift-off oversteer though, especially when it's damp. Strangely they're not too bad when it's soaking out. That's with decent tyres on them too by the way. I had some 1.9GTi Speedlines on mine, don't see many with the pepperpots on, looks smart.

I wouldnt call it cheap mate, insurance is silly on these for what they are!

Fortunately i got this for a bargain price of £500 with a solid shell, only very minor rust in the common places.

however there is a catch, the head gasket is pissing out coolant and bleeds itself dry every 200 miles lol, parts are already being collected to change it ( cambelt, waterpump, tensioner etc and im going to put new stem seals in the cylinder head whilst its out ).

Then shes good to go :wink: Seriously quicker than i expected! Luv it!

still either way u look at it, its gonna be un, you got another bargin and your gonna make money on it, so all in all great deal