I need a runabout?

Recommed me one. the 182 can no longer be used as a runabout due to soaring fuel prices. Its currently costing me £20 a day in commuting ( thats 35 miles btw! ). Damn her V-Power addiction :tongueout:

It needs to be cheap to buy ( sub £400 ) cheap to insure and cheap to run. Preferably diesel.

So far im considering either a citroen ax 1.5 diesel or a mk1 clio 1.2 :tongueout:

Tee hee, we have a 1,4 clio runabout for work etc.

197 is for the weekend :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Na, she's a 53 plate 1,4 - 45k on the clock, had it since 2005, a good friend had it from brand new - not a bad car - getting about 40-44mpg from it!!

I bought that toyota £130 n never looked back ben. U cant go wrong with jap

Diesel Peugeot 306, know someone who has one of these and it does mega mpg whilst being cheap to buy/tax/insure etc

personally, i'd avoid a cheap french car and go for something japanese and cheap.
a civic, 1.5 lsi? somthing like that. corrola is also mentioned above.

~10yo Mitsubishi Colt 1.3, a mate has had one for 6 years (5yo when he bought it). Ex driving instructors car and its now on 160k, also sailed through it's MOT.

...we had a Mk1 Nissan Micra...cost £180....only died after the boy stuffed it....otherwise would've gone for ever

I had a Peugout 106 1.5 d - it was that cheap to run it literally put money into my bank account lol

Seriously good little car that'll do over 60 mpg, downside being tossers speeding up when you tried to over take them - never happened in the later 1.9d 206 i had but said people who didnt like being over taken by a little car didnt know what engine was in that one!

I remember driving from Leeds down to Christchurch on the south coast, and back again on the hottest day of the year, flat out all the way - had to keep switching the heater on as the over heating light periodically kept lighting up :chair:

i am looking into this at the mo, i have a 106 1.4 diesel and £20 worth of diesel would last me 3 weeks ( i did do about 1200miles every 3 weeks) and thats with a big diesel leak lol

You can't go wrong with an old Fiesta. Mine cost £750 and it never misses a beat. I've been to London in it several times and the lot!

Similar Thread Suggestions