my new map

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
Just got back from my map session at tdf, very pleased with the results and the change in my car, matt is very helpful and def knows his stuff, also found out that the monkey who did my air filter setup knows nothing matt put it on the dyno and the 1st run showed it was not running well at all, it was running too lean and was actually losing around 10 bhp, so he change the temp sensor back to where it should be back in the manifold. was runnin around 145 bhp on the first run but once he swapped the sensor back and put the map on it was running 160bhp at the wheels, and 174ish at the flywheel, he has advised me that he thinks the air filter is still holding it back and said if i put the standard box on with a panel filter i shuld get another 4-5bhp more, the drive home was really good couldnt keep me foot off the go pedal lol pulls soo much better mid range and now with its new rev limit at 7600rpm it goes on for much longer which i managed to get over 140mph on the way home with lol
so if your after more power of just some advice matt is def your man a very helpful bloke and def knows what hes doin, thanks kev for sorting the day out mate.:thumbup1:

hi mate, nice to meet u today, u should of stayed as my car chose to be a challenging so n so to sort out, my 2d 3rd gear feel sooooo much long and its drives soooooo smoooooth as well

hi mate, nice to meet u today, u should of stayed as my car chose to be a challenging so n so to sort out, my 2d 3rd gear feel sooooo much long and its drives soooooo smoooooth as well

nice to meet you to what was wrong with yours, it feels like it goes on for ever now dont it?

nice to meet you to what was wrong with yours, it feels like it goes on for ever now dont it?

first off the car wouldnt allow acess to the ECU cos of a fault code, then the car was down on power, but once matt finguer out things i got some quiet impressive gains, and yeah 2nd and 3rd feel likes it just goes on and never stops

first off the car wouldnt allow acess to the ECU cos of a fault code, then the car was down on power, but once matt finguer out things i got some quiet impressive gains, and yeah 2nd and 3rd feel likes it just goes on and never stops

what figures did you end up with?

so your car after the remap makes less hp than a stock 197?

Seems odd doesn't it! We've seen stock cars make between 145 (with issues) and 160 at the wheels! This calculates out at around 180 - 190bhp at the fly. Renault have always been known to be optimisitic with claimed power figures (ever since the first 172's). A remap on a stock car will find around 5bhp peak, 5 - 10fltbs peak so it is entirely possible if you have a car which is at the bottom end of tolerance to produce less power than book even with work on the car.

Unfortunately this is the nature of mass produced engines.

As I've said in a previous thread the really important thing is to establish a good base line for that car so all future modifications can be compared directly against what that car made as stock!

do you think i should check the plugs as my car has been running rich since ive had that system on?

yea i wasnt sure myself but at least i know its ruuning better than it was so hopefully once i get my induction sorted itll be all good again,

do you think i should check the plugs as my car has been running rich since ive had that system on?

It's only a ten min job to visualy check the plugs so if you would like me to do it when you are back I'm more than happy to.

Generaly speaking they're pretty hardy and whilst your car was rich it wasn't rich to the level of fouling plugs or similar. I couldn't see any evidence of a miss fire on the rollers so chances are they're fine.

sory for the Hijack, but what gains to you reckon I'd see from remapping our 197 Matt?

Between 3 and 5 bhp peak but a fair bit more area under the curve and much improved response all round. Mid-Range torque generaly sees a very decent boost!

These are realistic and achievable gains!

Between 3 and 5 bhp peak but a fair bit more area under the curve and much improved response all round. Mid-Range torque generaly sees a very decent boost!

hmmmm i was gonna leave the 197 standard (apart from the brakes), but I maybe tempted to go for a remap.

def much better in mid range mine pulls sooo much better