My New Intake Setup (video added)

Good idea that, shame its above the manifold..........

It probably feels better to to the increased noise, but that'll be it. Remember just removing the airbox lid was the done thing, but was proven to lose power. This will too. We have been here before in the late 1990's with this type of set up.

Last edited:
Good idea that, shame its above the manifold..........

It probably feels better to to the increased noise, but that'll be it. Remember just removing the airbox lid was the done thing, but was proven to lose power. This will too. We have been here before in the late 1990's with this type of set up.

So even though his car has been remapped with this fitted (and other mods) and seen good gains its bad is it?

If some one can show me a back to back increase (not from ktec :wink:) then fair enough. But....... I'd expect pretty much the same result with a decent panel filter. Also, was the bonnet was open on the rollers with that nice big fan pointing at it thus the open cone lapping it up????? On the road, that bay will be nice and stuffy, and will lose it power no question.

Doubt the bonnet was open. Paul at RSTuning doesn't do it that way.

So it sees the same gains as a panel filter setup but with greater sound then its a bad setup?

From my personal experience with this set up the obvious is the noise however car revs easier I've not had any issues with heat soak even whilst doing alot of stop start for the record I have no remap just this setup and 64mm body

It would be interesting to see inlet temps before and after. Not having a go like, its just these are the mods peeps were doing 10-15 years ago with the 57i kits, which turned out to actually lose you power..... Then you got the enclosed kits due to this, of which some also loses you power (like the Apollo kits)

Rinse and repeat imo.

Doubt the bonnet was open. Paul at RSTuning doesn't do it that way.

So it sees the same gains as a panel filter setup but with greater sound then its a bad setup?

paul mapped mine and smoggy marks with the bonnet open i'm afraid mate but we both have enclosed filters

Personally i think the car feels like it pulls better with this setup, and to be frank i couldn't care less if it costs me a couple of bhp.....