my first oil consumption ...

Hello

Today I washed the 200 and when i fired it up it showed me a message that the oil was ok. But it had only 4 of the 5 indication circles.

I checked the oil and it was in the middle between min and max.

So it does have consumed something...

The car has 700 miles and does a lot of short trips. When going fast i always make sure i have driven it warm.

Should I be concerned ?

its only about 0.5ltr and a new car so nothing to worry about as they can use some oil the limits renault give for oil consumption are quite high

Smiths Renault technician mentioned to me (as the new engine was fitted) that Ruk would say you can go hard from new with not much if any bedding in time. He also went on to say that those engines would then burn more oil later on in life.

However yours is very new like mine. I have bedded mine in nicely now I think after about 1500 miles. Started giving it some stick now. :wink:

New cars don't need bedding in mate, they are pre-worn in the factory

Doing oil changes every 6 months I don't find that it's used much oil I think the only time I noticed was between the first oil change that it used some

New cars don't need bedding in mate, they are pre-worn in the factory

I guess it just depends how much someone wants to take care. Mark @ Smiths Renault has a lot of experience with RS models so I've took his advice.

Interesting also that the Renault UK guys over on the RS forums say that the engines are not broken in at the factory and to take it easy for the first 625 (I think) miles.

Interesting also that the Renault UK guys over on the RS forums say that the engines are not broken in at the factory and to take it easy for the first 625 (I think) miles.

Yes! I think this just shows that a higher spinning engine should be bedded in from new to take the best care of it.