my day at Renault

Morning,

so yesterday I dropped my car off with lookers at Chelmsford as I have a high revs hesitation/miss fire and several times the car has gone into limp mode. So I leave the garage in my lovely 1.2 clio being told I'll hear something in a few hours. It was 8am I dropped the car off.

3pm... I phone them to see what's going on and was told we experienced the hesitation once on the test drive but checking the car there is no faults. Then blaming the decat for the behaviour. I said well its been fine for months decatted.. (could the decat really cause this sort of issue? The cars been mapped to suit..) but he said my service manager will call you a bit as Im just going to check the dephazer solanoid, so I was like ok.

hour later I get a phone call.... whilst your cars here there has been a slight incident, not our fault as it was before we got it into the workshop, someone has driven into your front wing, he admitted full liability and we have all his details and I have photos of both cars and cctv footage also we can't find an issue with your car. When are you going to come and collect. It was half 4 and chelmsford is 20/25mins away on a clear run and I was going out for the evening so didn't plan to pick it upto then however after him saying that I was fuming and jumped straight in the car and drove there. took me 45minutes thanks to traffic and having a car that felt so slow I was nearly going to get out and push... anyway I got there and spoke with him and he has already spoke to the guys insurance and said I need a new n/s wing and bumper. Looking at it the new wing is needed as it has cracked :worried: the wheel is scuffed but a refurb would be ok and I think the bumper could buff out but afterwards I thought Id prefer new parts. anyway. the guy who done it originally drove off!!! he came back an hour later and admitted he done it. Lookers have been good about it and he got more than enough evidence to support the claim.

So starting yesterday I was hoping to have a fully running clio that runs perfectly however I come home with a hesitating car at high revs and a split front wing.

Its pushing me more and more to sell the car. :worried: When I receive the photos as he is emailing them to me I will post them.

Just so angry :worried: and now hungover lol.

WTF?!?!?!?! :ban: for them That is soooo bad, take it somewhere else for a second opinion perhaps?

And don't you dare sell, or else :ban: for you!!! :wink:

Lookers should sort it on their insurance, with them claiming against the other party; you did not have control of the car, they did. That way it won't show against you in any way.

really bad luck all that!!!

as for the fault....think they will struggle to sort it as its not "standard" and been mapped..

on full throttle it doesnt use the cat/closed loop control anyway so it shouldnt be that - what you need is it on a rolling road to see if it will replicate the fault along with an a/f monitor

what i did have once was a 197 that lost power and that was due to a loose baffle in the exhaust and i think this was causing the knock sensor to limit the engine due to the noise/vibration it made...as when the exhaust was fixed the hesitation/loss of power went!

Like Ralphy said, it's up to Lookers to pursue the claim, not you. They must have some kind of liability insurance for customer cars left on site, surely!?!

Sounds a bit odd that they couldn't find anything, are there any more dealers near you?

Not a good day for the killer bee. And surely lookers are liable as the car was under their care when the incident happened?

Lookers are pants whether it's Renault or ford as I've found out recently.

Not good mate, once again Renault show that they have a distinct lack of afterservice and fact is like others have said, your car was under the guardianship of the dealer so it is for them to take ownership and responsibility for the claim and repair... Renault CS should sort it out for you.

As for the hesitation you have to get a second opinion. And selling the Bee is not the answer, supercharging it like Mike's is....

I think expecting them to look at the car when it has a decat and a mpa is optimistic to be honest.

Bad luck about the wing all the same and as others have said id be pushing to get it from looker insurance so it does not show on you as fault or non fault.

Would the misfiring not be a mapping issue mate? So ktecs problem and not renaults, I would of thought the cams would void the warrenty?

Cams would void warranty on the engine as would a remap but Renault would still work on the car for a hefty fee of course.

That is really not good, on either account! Hope you manage to get both of the issues sorted out. You shouldn't have to do anything with the claim, the car is in their responsibility on their premises.

Like Ralphy said, it's up to Lookers to pursue the claim, not you. They must have some kind of liability insurance for customer cars left on site, surely!?!

+1, make sure it does not end up through your insurance.

I'm not claiming through my own insurance :smile: It's going through the guy that hit my cars insurance as he admited fully liability to it otherwise yeah it would be renaults problem. Renault uk are dealing with the whole thing I passed it to them yesterday and so they will take it from here. Here's hoping I have a decent courtesy car!! haha :smile:

The idea about the baffles is a good one and I will look into that as see if anything looks wrong. Well Renault had no issue replacing parts before with the decat so I don't think I'm being optamistic... A decat may change the exhaust back pressure and can mess the lamba about to mess the fueling up but it wouldn't cause a part to break and nor can it be to blame. A lot of cars on here run decatted with no issues. It may be in the map but both AMD's map and K-tec's have had this issue. I have 2 options here, go to K-tec and leave the car with them or leave it with Renault and they will talk to the technical team and have it looked at by Renault uk...

K-tec is looking the best route. Just frustrating... as its really intermitent... and sometimes you can actually here it miss firing at 6.5/7krpm.

If I had the money I would not sell it and supercharge it definately!!! haha

Claiming on the other guys insurance will still be a declarable non fault claim . . . get renault to sort through there isurance #!!!