My Clio has gone - hopefully to a good home!

Sorry to hear that, my wife has to drive an automatic due to her left leg. You def made the right choice of car, hope it makes you smile as much as the Clio :thumbsup:
The TT is a very, very different car but huge fun even with the 160PS 1.8 TFSI engine. The 7-speed, twin clutch 'box, the significant torque from 1500rpm & the lightweight steel/aluminium body make sure of that! I thought the Clio was actually quite well built but the TT is in a different league.... :smile:

Love love love love love the interiors. Mums A3 cabriolet is a really nice place to be. As was her sportback prior to that.

Very nice DX hopefully some reliable motoring with the TT
I have to say that I had 24,000 miles of very reliable motoring with the RS200! The only annoyance was a persistent rattle from the tailgate & an air-conditioning system that wouldn't stay gassed even though it checked out as being leak-tight!

3 weeks on & I still miss my RS200 but things are going well with the TT - driving to & from work easily returns 44mpg which was the stuff of dreams in the RS200 & the car is running nicely! I'd not realised how sporty the Audi TFSI engines sound when you press on - there is a very definite whoosh from the turbo & a great exhaust note! I've attached a smartphone picture that I took after several hours work with the AMDetails Cleaner/Glaze that I was given at FCS - it is impressive stuff & I highly recommend it! Since then I've applied a couple of thin coats of Dodo Juice Diamond White wax which is also very impressive..... :tongueout:roud:

Attachments

• WP_000339.jpg
    WP_000339.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 28
I love these with the S-Line kit on like yours.

I think Lisa's next car will be one, hopefully talk her round to getting the RS.

I love these with the S-Line kit on like yours.

I think Lisa's next car will be one, hopefully talk her round to getting the RS.
The TT RS is a beast - I read that much to Audi's embarrassment one was quicker than the (much heavier?) R8 which costs £60k more!!!

been in a tt-s (£40k) and must say it was the biggest disappointment...apart from a well put together cabin I couldn't think wow this is a £40k car and on paper worth double the new 200t or fiesta st for that matter!

oh the launch control was fun!!!

Last edited:
been in a tt-s (£40k) and must say it was the biggest disappointment...apart from a well put together cabin I couldn't think wow this is a £40k car and on paper worth double the new 200t or fiesta st for that matter!

oh the launch control was fun!!!

Yes it was :w00t: but I was disappointed with the rest of the car but horses for courses hope you enjoy the TT just wasn't for me

I have to say that I had 24,000 miles of very reliable motoring with the RS200! The only annoyance was a persistent rattle from the tailgate & an air-conditioning system that wouldn't stay gassed even though it checked out as being leak-tight!

Another one with the air con mystery leak! Damn!
Enjoy your new car mate, a mate has a remapped TT around 250bhp, not impressed with the car (considering its price) but this is just me I suppose.
Enjoy:smile: