My 197 ultra red

I thought i should really start a project thread as ive had my car for a year and a half now. So i picked him (Norbert) up on the 3rd of september 2011. For some stupid reason i didnt take many pictures for a few months i can only think it was because i wanted to keep driving it lol.

It started out looking like this

nonumberplate.jpg

then i decided to buy some Renault sport exhaust tips and fitted them with a friends help

060_zps12eb76b7.jpg

then with the diffuser back on

061_zpsd65c86bc.jpg

i then thought i could be cleaning the car alot better than i could be and invested in a new jet wash and some ph neutral snow foam and my first attempt looked like this

066_zps230ea9cc.jpg

not a bad effort i thought :biggrin:

I then brought some red hammerite paint from halfords and done one side but alot of people said i was mad as it was known to set alight so i ended up sanding it all off which was not fun but looked like this jacked up

034_zps60b64344.jpg

im still awaiting to book it in to have them professionally done as i dont really trust myself taking the calliper off lol

I then decided to purchase the cup spoiler off karl from renault and i got it professionally sprayed at the dealership

160_zps9f988b44.jpg

161_zpsf44988e1.jpg

163_zps846fbb8d.jpg

164_zpsb4fc5e11.jpg

I went for a drive and bumped into this in a supermarket car park so couldnt resist

169_zpsbff267b6.jpg

170_zps55ae7cb6.jpg

171_zpse077b838.jpg

I then debadged my boot but didnt get any pictures again. And brought some team heko wind deflectors

IMG_1229_zps131e086e.jpg

IMG_1231_zps98966e5d.jpg

Nice mate looks like mine when I first brought it!

Any more plans for it?

Not a fan of the rensport exhaust tips personally, not big enough for me, but if your happy thats what counts :smiley:

I then got my gaiter and gearknob retrimmed from steve at edge automotive in Dark Alcantara with red stitching which i think looks awesome and also sent the 3 dash board strips off to be sprayed ultra red with a sprayed on renaultsport by sprayshack which i think sets the interior off great. I also brought led interior and numberplate bulbs. Excuse the pic's my iphone4 camera is rubbish lol.

IMG_1253_zpsdcbbca44.jpg

IMG_1254_zpsf8496b01.jpg

IMG_1257_zpsb41a23a7.jpg

IMG_1261_zps246affa1.jpg

IMG_1262_zpsf2560538.jpg

IMG_1263_zpse0f14923.jpg

I then Brought some speedlines from a guy on here called Hippy which were in brilliant condition and today i got them fitted with 4 new conti sport contact 5 will post some pictures tomorrow but this is how they sat whilst they was waiting to be sent to me

IMG_1087_zps9127d801.jpg

cheers guys luke i have just sold my old silver alloys on you should of snapped them up!! If i remember right i used detailer spray as lube to get the clio badge of a hair dryer and alot of elbow grease but part of me wished i never took it off as when i was it sometimes you can see an outline of where it was and i have tried everything and cant seem to shift it.

Future plans arn't massive to be honest

Rs sideskirts
Rs front valence
Red callipers
Possibly a full exhaust system
i did also think about getting the rs recaro seats but heard alot of mixed reviews which has put me off abit plus you need alot of £££ for them lol.

I was going to get projectors and hids but heard you have to have the washers and a few other bits which sounds like a pain in the neck and alot of £££

I've got two sets already, just my silver ones need to be resprayed as they have seen better days! Currently on anthracite but a bit bored of them now.

What have you tried to go clio out line off with? Mines a 56 and I managed to get it off with relative ease tbh!

Way I did mine once I got all glue off etc:

Wash area
Tardis
Clay
Auto finesse tripple

In that order and was gone.

Like the plans though mate.

ah ok fair enough lol. Ive tried using claybar and a good polish over it still always shows up would you say to attempt it your way?

That's a wax :wink: you need to polish the area, I'd suggest autoglym super resin polish, can pick it up from halfords and its under a tenner I think, use that first on the area and it'll shift the clio outline, then use that dodo juice wax after to protect it :smile:

That's a wax :wink: you need to polish the area, I'd suggest autoglym super resin polish, can pick it up from halfords and its under a tenner I think, use that first on the area and it'll shift the clio outline, then use that dodo juice wax after to protect it :smile:

*cough cough* i new that :blink: cheers mate i'll try that tomorrow if the weather holds out