Mpg????

same here for just town driving. When I went to a recent meet and did some motorway miles, it crept up to 25ish! oh well.....didnt buy it to be 'eco'!

that is pretty awful in all honesty. my 20 year old engine gets low twenties, and it is turbocharged aswell.
it should be getting 30 all day long, and down to low 20's during a complete raping.

mpg doesn't bother me, or i'd buy a dirty diseasel!!

be even worse in the new year !

couple of price rises coming......:angry:

so 21mpg will hurt :swear:

^^^ Lol jealous.

My average is about 28mpg, never trying to save fuel, and I'm not conservative with the right foot lol!

30.6 is what I get no matter how I drive, never had it below 30mpg since it passed 1000 miles!

And no I don't drive like a fairy! :foxspeed: :smiley:

ours seems to be dropping like a stone
start of the year it was 28.5
now 25.4
not good and thats with me not driving it

you get much woese economy in the winter as the choke is out for longer

i have only done 500 miles since i got my car but seem to average around 27-28 or about 24 if im on b roads

Just reading all your different average MPG's and it's suprising to see that considering you the 197's are all built to the same spec engine, that you are getting totally different results from your clio's. BIG differences too, some people's MPG's are a good 10less/more than others. I am saving up for a albi blue 197, and hoping to get it next year. I have presently got a 1.2 corsa c SXI, and i average 34-35 on urban and extra urban and combined your looking at 38mpg 40 if lucky. That is even with doing grandad driving and doing short gear ratio's due to the stupidly high petrol prices. Yes it's a thirsty 1.2 but at least it's giving me good practise for when i get my clio 197. CAN'T WAIT!!! Just hope the petrol prices come down by then. :worried:

you get much woese economy in the winter as the choke is out for longer

i have only done 500 miles since i got my car but seem to average around 27-28 or about 24 if im on b roads

It's funny you should say that mate because like I said below I am saving up for a Albi blue clio 197 and have presently got a corsa c SXI 1.2 and it's drinking more than usual in this cold weather. I thought to myself that's weird because I put in shell new unleaded fuel, which apparantly is better than everywhere else and gives you more MPG. I thought it was just a marketing tool to get you to buy the fuel, but now you have mentioned about the choke you are probably right, and that is why it's going like water. I normally top up Morrisons. What fuel do you find is best in the 197 mate?

It's funny you should say that mate because like I said below I am saving up for a Albi blue clio 197 and have presently got a corsa c SXI 1.2 and it's drinking more than usual in this cold weather. I thought to myself that's weird because I put in shell new unleaded fuel, which apparantly is better than everywhere else and gives you more MPG. I thought it was just a marketing tool to get you to buy the fuel, but now you have mentioned about the choke you are probably right, and that is why it's going like water. I normally top up Morrisons. What fuel do you find is best in the 197 mate?

Tesco Momentum (previously tesco 99) or Shell v power. I find anything else of less than 99 ron just gets supped up like Gandi's glass of water.
The 197 will be a huge jump by the way... will be totaly insane to what your used to. Fuel and POWER

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17