Motorway speed limit increase

Hahaha,
Yeah cant see this actually happening, way too many ground kissers out there nowadays

It's been cited as been better for the Economy, get traffic moving and get deliveries there on time.

Therefore, this WILL become Law :wink:

its already 80 for merc audi and bmw drivers isnt it :tongueout:inky:

Ha ha, yes, you're right mate.

Althought, having said that, I have been noticing fewer and fewer people tanking it down the motorway since the price of fuel went throught the roof. I used to see loads of german saloons flying past me on the way to Gloucester down the M5 every day last spring time.

Ha ha, yes, you're right mate.

Althought, having said that, I have been noticing fewer and fewer people tanking it down the motorway since the price of fuel went throught the roof. I used to see loads of german saloons flying past me on the way to Gloucester down the M5 every day last spring time.

Yeah I have really noticed the difference since fuel prices soared.
No ones seems to be tanking it, and theres more people going 56mph lol

Higher speed limit = lower fuel economy = more fuel duty for government

I'm not really fussed if it changes, quite happy going along at 70 to save a few quid

They need to teach / make people aware of KEEPING LEFT !!!!! :shout:

Nothing worse than driving in the 1st lane on a 4 lane motorway thats empty gaining on someone driving in the 3rd lane. It seems unsafe to pull into the 4th lane to over take to have to move back over to the 1st lane !!

Those people that sit in the middle lane when not overtaking/passing other vehicles drive me mad :bat:

Lane hoggers didnt used to bother me, but since driving on the continent i cant stand it!!! the lane dicipline on the main land is way way better than ours!
And i also think, based on experience, that Audi's, BMW's and Merc's HAVE to sit 5ft from your bumper or they break down or something, must be. (complete generalisation i know)

p.s yes i think the speed limit should be raised to 80mph on m-ways like the M1, M25 etc etc..

Motorway doesn't bother me since there isn't much motorway up this end. Mostly people going 45 on main roads (60mph zones) and people going on the outside lane of a roundabout but crossing over the inside lane.. Nearly been side swipped in the works van MANY times.. People need to learn the driving theory.

Also amount of times i have been on a main road heading up behind some old coffin dodger doin 40 and just overtaking him with great ease as im doing the speedlimit and him flashing like mad... GET A GRIP or get a zimmer!!

It's been cited as been better for the Economy, get traffic moving and get deliveries there on time.

Therefore, this WILL become Law :wink:

Hows does it get deliveries there faster when lorry's cant do over 60 lol

feel sorry for people with 172/182's was a bit of a headache driving at 70 for a long time with its short gears lol

I dont really think there is much of a likelihood of it actually happening or at least being made official...