Modifying stock rear exhaust box

fano45

Paid Member
I came across a spare rear box and figured I might as well experiment. Seen a couple of e92 M3 videos where this is done with excellent results however that is a v8. Using the pic below I'm considering either removing the 3 perforated tubes or replacing them with solid tube. My goal is deeper sound.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hi Fano45. Maybe I'm missing something, but from the photo you've taken it looks as though the exhaust gasses flow from the engine and enter the sealed centre section, where they are diffused through the perforated pipe and flow into both the left & right tail pipes, again through perforations. If this is correct, then you can't replace any of them with solid pipe sections, as the exhaust gasses wouldnt be able to diffuse & flow into the 2 tail pipes!
However, if you drill the baffle plates on either side of the centre section, then you could change them for solid pipes and may get the effect (louder?) your after?
I also have a M3 E92 and boy does it resonate with a modified back box. Still, it is fu€¥!ng loud :mask: