Miltek non-res db level

Hey guys, has anyone on here fitted an aftermarket manifold and miltek non-resonated cat back?

If so do you know the db level the car produces? I normally go out on track at castle Combe and they are very hot on 100db plus they take their reading in the shitty echo chamber most of the time as well.

Any help with this is massively appreciated and hope every is enjoying their cars in this weather too!

It's not quite the same however, I have a similar system, Toyo manifold + non-res Toyo system. They are built similarly, 2 silencers at the rear and the rest is straight through, no cats in my system. It's loud but I did 92db and 96db on 2 different days (at Combe).

I am certain the Miltek is much better quality and is likely to be slightly quieter so I would imagine you'll be fine. When you do the sound test, make sure you SLOWLY rev it to 4.5k RPM and hold it steady.

I want a better system at some point but for the cost of the toyo, i'm actually quite pleased with it and it's been on the motor for 3 years with no issues. Perhaps at some point I'll add a sport-cat to reduce noise a bit but not in a rush as it's only my track toy.

Hope that helps somewhat!

Reactions: bond96
It's not quite the same however, I have a similar system, Toyo manifold + non-res Toyo system. They are built similarly, 2 silencers at the rear and the rest is straight through, no cats in my system. It's loud but I did 92db and 96db on 2 different days (at Combe).

I am certain the Miltek is much better quality and is likely to be slightly quieter so I would imagine you'll be fine. When you do the sound test, make sure you SLOWLY rev it to 4.5k RPM and hold it steady.

I want a better system at some point but for the cost of the toyo, i'm actually quite pleased with it and it's been on the motor for 3 years with no issues. Perhaps at some point I'll add a sport-cat to reduce noise a bit but not in a rush as it's only my track toy.

Hope that helps somewhat!

Legend cheers for that bud, yeah they sound very similar in the style of build. I currently have a k-tec manifold and change the rest of the system for a scorpion sports cat and miltek after that. Probably a silly question but does a mate of yours do your MOT by any chance? I'd like to run a cat-less system but I'm not too sure how well it would fair up come MOT time haha.

Slowly rev it and get it up to temp before I get sound tested I think :laughing: 3 years is very good for the toyo mate you've done well there. I've heard of some people having clearance issues and flexis only lasting a year and bit with the toyo, similar issues with the k-tec or any other manifold with the flexi still in place. I think the pure motorsport is probably the best on the market so far with not a bad price tag either.

Helped loads cheers for that bud.

Yeah - I have a friendly MOT chap that sorts me out with emissions but if you have a sports-cat you should be fine in all honesty. My MOT guy knows it's not used on the road much and is mainly for the track too so it's not too bad.

I had powerflex engine mounts fitted at the same time as the toyo manifold and was lucky with no issues on clearance etc so quite pleased with it! If you have a sports cat, yours should be much quieter!

Don't forget you can book a sound-test prior to your track day too. I think it says on their website to ping an email and get a 15 minute slot to get it sound tested. Decent if you're local!