Milltek worth it?

Hi all,

I bought my Clio Sport 200 a couple months ago and I am looking at buying an aftermarket exhaust.
I have seen a lot of praise for the Akrapovic system but I live in Liechtenstein, where only the Slip-on is allowed.
The Scorpion ones are also not allowed (For some unknown reason)
Ktec is not present in my country at all.

The Milltek system seems to be the only good one that I can buy, but only the resonated version.

Could you guys maybe give me some recommendations or reviews to these products?

Thank you all in advance.

Hey, A Miltek came on my 197 that was only a couple of months old when I purchased the car. Overall appears to be good quality and I am quite happy with it. Mine is a resonated system and seems to be the perfect volume for what I like, however some friends have commented that it is a tad quiet.

Thank you for your replaz
Hey, A Miltek came on my 197 that was only a couple of months old when I purchased the car. Overall appears to be good quality and I am quite happy with it. Mine is a resonated system and seems to be the perfect volume for what I like, however some friends have commented that it is a tad quiet.

Thank you for your reply :smile:
Does it get on your nerves when you are crusing on the highway at around 4k rpm?
Does it also get the nice low tone when it's idling that you can hear from the outside?

Thank you in advance.

No worries! Happy I can help.

I wouldn't say the car is droney at all at motorway cruising speeds. If anything I suspect is like an OEM system that is just a tad louder and freer flowing.

In regards to sound when idle I would say yes the car has nice low tone when idling on the outside but it is not silly.

Though to ad to this I would also suggest listening to some audio clips online to give you more of an idea. There some good ones on youtube from memory

Though to ad to this I would also suggest listening to some audio clips online to give you more of an idea. There some good ones on youtube from memory

I have seen some on youtube but mostly they are decat or they have the louder version without the silencer.
Can you send me a video which is close to the real sound. They all sound oh so different.

Mine had the Miltek system on when I got it ~5 years ago with the centre silencer. It was quiet but gave a very nice low tone compared to most of the other systems I've heard. Fitment wise, I had no complaints although all I did was remove it. Unfortunately mine had developed a hole in the rear Y pipe the connects the 2 back-boxes so I went for a full chinese special (Toyosports). I'd say the Miltek is of much better quality than the Toyosports system.

I've had issues with the Toyosports system sitting to low/touching the rear diffuser but had no issues when the Miltek system was on.

If I could go back - I'd spend the money on repairing the resonated Miltek system instead of going down the Toyosports route.

Hope that helps!

Just to quickly update regarding this- shot the video with an external mic both onboard and fly by. Plan to edit the video either tonight or Wednesday and get it live for you.

Reactions: FunnyMan
Mine had the Miltek system on when I got it ~5 years ago with the centre silencer. It was quiet but gave a very nice low tone compared to most of the other systems I've heard. Fitment wise, I had no complaints although all I did was remove it. Unfortunately mine had developed a hole in the rear Y pipe the connects the 2 back-boxes so I went for a full chinese special (Toyosports). I'd say the Miltek is of much better quality than the Toyosports system.

I've had issues with the Toyosports system sitting to low/touching the rear diffuser but had no issues when the Miltek system was on.

If I could go back - I'd spend the money on repairing the resonated Miltek system instead of going down the Toyosports route.

Hope that helps!
Thank you so much!