milltek problems

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
anyone else with a milltek cat back system got problems where the tail pipes vibrate on the diffuser? im sure mine isnt sat right as one side has plenty of clearance and the other side you couldnt fit a nats c**k, you can move it and the vibration goes but after driving it comes back, also it seems as one pipe comes out further than the other, just wanted to get some info before i go back to elites and get them to fit it properly.

anyone else with a milltek cat back system got problems where the tail pipes vibrate on the diffuser? im sure mine isnt sat right as one side has plenty of clearance and the other side you couldnt fit a nats c**k, you can move it and the vibration goes but after driving it comes back, also it seems as one pipe comes out further than the other, just wanted to get some info before i go back to elites and get them to fit it properly.

Get them aligned.

I don't bother anyomore - one pipe is under the different angle than the other. But there is no contact with the diffuser.

i have - i did eddies on here - took the diffuser off and cut away the sides of the diffuser where the tailpipes poke through and also cut and reshaped the heatshield near the tailpipe exits - its now fine

mine was the same.
could line it up fine but due to the stainless steel expanding more than mild steel it would catch and stick out further on one side when warmed up.
i ended up having the tips cut off and shorter/slightly slashed tips welded on in their place.

Yep, and melted my diffuser!

yea mines started to melt my diffuser, so it is 'normal' for the milltek to do this ill have to get it up on the ramp and try and sort something out mine only vibrates for cold when its warm it stops

the miltek has a bar that pushes the boxes/tail pipes apart but the hangers on the actual car itself are moveable too.

the miltek has a bar that pushes the boxes/tail pipes apart but the hangers on the actual car itself are moveable too.

yea clocked that bar when they were fitting it ill see if i can do something to the mounts so they stay centred.