Micah's Glacier White 220 Trophy

My nemesis! I'm so used to going to Chris's I've always assumed the coast was clear. Pretty sure I usually reverse onto his drive too!
Anyway, I think I came off quite lightly, given the state of the planter!
@sevenfourate I won't discount the absence of such an object on track, will keep my eyes peeled :wink:

View attachment 122413
Hopefully you won't be reversing on track.

Been a while since I updated this thread - life has been so busy lately that I'm starting to forget what I've been up to!

Two weekends ago I decided the car needed a deep clean 'post Spa' so I set about cleaning the wheels as the sun had already come across to the driveway, so at least I could take the wheels into the shade.
Sonax wheel cleaner, a coating of Poorboys and some tyre dressing sorted out those dull little wheels.

a505kvi.jpg

The next morning, I snow foamed, washed, rinsed the car before taking the clay mitt to it, followed by another snow foam, wash, rinse and a coating of Collinite 845 wax (just like @Pav the weekend before), sadly I didn't have any polish prior to waxing, but it came up rather nicely. I also added some Heko wind deflectors, but only fitted the fronts as it start to look like a family wagon with the rears, plus they're prone to flying off!

slQiUjf.jpg
ZJrWiMz.jpg

I've also been looking at firming up the suspension, so after a lot of research, I opted for the Cooksport springs for £185 delivered. They get rave reviews from the Mk4 community, and at 20% of the price of coilovers, it was worth a shot!
I went to my usual mate this morning who managed to fit them pretty quickly. Far easier than the Mk3 that's for sure!
Whilst I was there, I got to have a blast in his Twingo 133 (up for sale if anyone's interested) and his wife's Ph2 Clio 172.
That 172, oh my god, it's SO much fun to drive, I'd have one in a heartbeat, just handles like a go kart and has all of the rattles that make it a French hot hatch, very addictive for B roads! Sorry for the crap picture, never face the sun when taking a picture!

dM35LBT.jpg

So the springs were done and the arch gap at the back was comical, thankfully this sorted itself out when I took it for a quick test drive to make sure nothing was going to come flying off.

DgHhTz3.jpg
ZDV2Qkk.jpg
v4w4eqe.jpg
WSnDbZs.jpg

So as you can see - very little difference in the appearance, though this is to be expected on the Trophy compared to the 200T. What I can feel, though, is something quite different. It feels like it's flatter on cornering, whether this is a placebo effect or not remains to be seen, but I am sure I could feel a difference, and pretty sure it cocked a wheel on the roundabout. So overall, I'm pleased and I look forward to taking it to Snetterton on Thursday.

Another addition was something I've seen on the pre-facelift Trophy, the blade sticker. £7.95 on eBay and quite chuffed with it... (excuse the beard of flies from today's trip!)
9i779nC.jpg

And last but not least, I've taken inspiration from one of the elements in this picture, all will be revealed in due course :wink:

S146Y3Q.jpg

Last edited:
what an update..still some more to come?? good man Micah..
hope you are happy with your suspension mod..think Ben has them on too and he is very happy...
hope you have a great time at Snetterton.. :thumb:

You've bitten the bullet?! PLEASE tell me you've bought what I think you've bought.

@Micah I’m supposed to be SAVING money... why you doing this to me?! [emoji23]

Looks so good on that wheels and spring combination now mate! Love it!

I’m thinking wheels or spoiler to come... and I don’t mind which it is [emoji6] haha

Reactions: Micah
what an update..still some more to come?? good man Micah..
hope you are happy with your suspension mod..think Ben has them on too and he is very happy...
hope you have a great time at Snetterton.. :thumb:

Thanks Pav, I needed to make some spare time to update the thread, I know I haven't been on much lately - just work taking over my life a bit. One more thing to come and that's it... for now :tongueout:
I think Ben is running Grams, but they're all pretty much the same. Driving it again yesterday, it's like there's less roll when steering, feels more direct.
No doubt we will all be posting our pictures from Thursday evening onwards!

Did you find the set up to soft at Spa never felt that may you were going quicker than me bud let me know how the new Springs go

Was hardly going quick at Spa Kev, too greasy and am not overly familiar with the Mk4 handling so was playing it safe. Watching @rupe30 going round Blanchimont on his H&R coilovers, the car looked planted and he was able to carry more speed through it than me, but that was probably down to balls and not tyre grip!
Plenty of people are running these springs on the Mk4 Facebook group like Richard and Calum, and they really rated them after chatting with them. Will see how it feels on Thursday, looking forward to my first dry track day!

You've bitten the bullet?! PLEASE tell me you've bought what I think you've bought.

Mebeh...

@Micah I’m supposed to be SAVING money... why you doing this to me?! [emoji23]

Looks so good on that wheels and spring combination now mate! Love it!

I’m thinking wheels or spoiler to come... and I don’t mind which it is [emoji6] haha

Both are good mods mate, just don't dip into the wedding fund :wink:

Please tell me you're debadging it and not fitting that horrendous spoiler!

Please don't disown (or ban) me :worried:

Looking good Micah

Thanks luv - maybe not as good as you in shorts though x

Sits lovely Micah, really grown to the MK4s, I see one in the car park every day (an PFL Trophy though) and it looks great in White!

Reactions: Micah
Been a while since I updated this thread - life has been so busy lately that I'm starting to forget what I've been up to!

Two weekends ago I decided the car needed a deep clean 'post Spa' so I set about cleaning the wheels as the sun had already come across to the driveway, so at least I could take the wheels into the shade.
Sonax wheel cleaner, a coating of Poorboys and some tyre dressing sorted out those dull little wheels.

View attachment 123849

The next morning, I snow foamed, washed, rinsed the car before taking the clay mitt to it, followed by another snow foam, wash, rinse and a coating of Collinite 845 wax (just like @Pav the weekend before), sadly I didn't have any polish prior to waxing, but it came up rather nicely. I also added some Heko wind deflectors, but only fitted the fronts as it start to look like a family wagon with the rears, plus they're prone to flying off!

View attachment 123850
View attachment 123851

I've also been looking at firming up the suspension, so after a lot of research, I opted for the Cooksport springs for £185 delivered. They get rave reviews from the Mk4 community, and at 20% of the price of coilovers, it was worth a shot!
I went to my usual mate this morning who managed to fit them pretty quickly. Far easier than the Mk3 that's for sure!
Whilst I was there, I got to have a blast in his Twingo 133 (up for sale if anyone's interested) and his wife's Ph2 Clio 172.
That 172, oh my god, it's SO much fun to drive, I'd have one in a heartbeat, just handles like a go kart and has all of the rattles that make it a French hot hatch, very addictive for B roads! Sorry for the crap picture, never face the sun when taking a picture!

View attachment 123852

So the springs were done and the arch gap at the back was comical, thankfully this sorted itself out when I took it for a quick test drive to make sure nothing was going to come flying off.

View attachment 123853
View attachment 123854
View attachment 123855
View attachment 123856

So as you can see - very little difference in the appearance, though this is to be expected on the Trophy compared to the 200T. What I can feel, though, is something quite different. It feels like it's flatter on cornering, whether this is a placebo effect or not remains to be seen, but I am sure I could feel a difference, and pretty sure it cocked a wheel on the roundabout. So overall, I'm pleased and I look forward to taking it to Snetterton on Thursday.

Another addition was something I've seen on the pre-facelift Trophy, the blade sticker. £7.95 on eBay and quite chuffed with it... (excuse the beard of flies from today's trip!)
View attachment 123857

And last but not least, I've taken inspiration from one of the elements in this picture, all will be revealed in due course :wink:

View attachment 123858
Good call Micah, a silver diamond will look so much better!
Ever thought about that spoiler?

Reactions: Micah and ///M
Car looks great as always Micah.
Have you considered a set of track wheels to save your daily’s?