Micah's Glacier White 220 Trophy

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by Micah, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    dear me..what has been happening on this front??i love these updates..lots of footage and Rs tuning..these guys have made themselves a very good reputation..i wouldnt take my car anywhere else when it comes to mapping...
    anyway,what a special update Micah..you kept all this quiet..what are your temps now with an uprated intercooler??last thing you need is to worry about temperatures raising suddenly..
    looking forward to seeing this beast next month man..

2. Micah

Micah Clumsy McButterfingers Moderator

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Thanks John. It's certainly entertaining - annoying that it's been underpowered at every track day... suppose that gives me good reason to go back to Spa next year :wink:
    Can't wait to go back to Snetterton and miss my braking points again - I expect to end up on the grass a few times!
    There's been a lot of thought and planning that's gone into this update and I'm so glad I did it. Paul is very good and completely trust him and his crew - must be a northern thing :tongueout:
    Not sure what the temps are, but I know it's going to make a hell of a difference. Someone has told me that a pull to 100 in this week's daytime weather saw intake temps of 80 degrees on his mapped Trophy. The FMIC was an absolute no brainer.
    So excited to try this at Snetterton with the extra power, cooling and sticky tyres!

3. riddzz

riddzz Paid Member

The thing to watch now is water temps
    In London traffic mine is getting to 99 then fans kick in and then knocks it down 5 degrees
    Interestingly put air con on and that drops 10 degrees mid 80s
    Had a run against a 335i
    Not much difference up to silly speeds ie 70

4. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    this..found out this too..with A/C on it drops by 10-15 degrees..may just be driving with it on in this weather..

riddzz likes this.
  5. Micah

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Was that on a private road in Mexico, Matt? :tongueout:
    Thanks for reminding me - I know we had a chat about this last night. Snetterton will be very interesting, but good to know the aircon trick.
    @Pav - just remind me to keep checking temps when we're there!

riddzz likes this.
  6. Daniel_S

Daniel_S

Car:
    220 Trophy
    Hi Micah,

I have read your thread start to finish tonight as I pick up a 220 Trophy next week. Reading your experience with the trophy gives me even more confiedence I have picked the right car!

Quick question, post remap what effect if any did you see to your MPG?

Not looking for a remap straight away as I want tget used to and learn the Clio first. The idea of a remap is already very tempting.

7. Micah

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Hi Daniel - hope it didn't bore you too much! I can only sing the Trophy's praises, I still love it a year on.
    MPG doesn't seem any different, just much nice to drive and feels very urgent when you put your foot down.
    There's a group buy on the RS197/200 group on Facebook with RS Tuning. If they get over 10 people for August then it's £100 off a map. Well worth doing, if only to improve the drivability.
    Get a progress thread up once you collect it - we need more MK4's on here :smile:

8. Daniel_S

Daniel_S

Car:
    220 Trophy
    Thanks Micah, not a boring read at all. Glad to here you happy with the Clio a year later.
    Good to here the MPG is not noticeably reduced, even more reason to consider a remap. Still have over a year of manufacture warranty left, may wait until this has run out before mapping.

9. Micah

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    As every man and his dog knows, we went back to Snetterton on Sunday for the second round of the #teamclique championship.
    The weather was perfect, and the ideal conditions to try my new setup of lighter wheels and stickier tyres. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
    Where I was making the Pilot Super Sports squeal round ever corner in May, the AD08R's are obviously in a different league. I had so much confidence in them, it was like I was back in my 5GTT screaming round the streets of Folkestone in the summer of 2000!
    The map is so much fun, the Pro Alloy intercooler was keeping intake temps well down, but the downside was coolant temps of 114 degrees as it blocks the radiator. Obviously a heat soaked track and ambient temps of high 20's don't help too much.
    The DS2500's were faultless, I don't know why they get so much stick - maybe it helps having decent brake fluid and braided lines... or I'm not trying hard enough.
    Great to meet up with the guys again @Big Ben @jamesgw200 @Pav @Beany - clearly we were the most fun group of people, what a nice little forum this is :smile:

vR4mlgs.jpg
    u2sqcLa.jpg
    COLw7MG.jpg
    bcrDgUU.jpg
    SpFQyak.jpg
    jtDkdvB.jpg
    TSUPpzr.jpg
    D0VFYbq.jpg
    jlCEfLh.jpg
    TC1RsSo.jpg
    WovU0J6.jpg

10. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    You track addicted boys are quite funny so I do need to pull my finger out and be there more often...
    Car looked brill and all those mods made it really quick..on the long straight you were just behind me giving me some hard time to stay ahead..
    Had a brill time again..more members would have loved it too..

Big Ben, Beany and Johnny 99 like this.
  11. Big Ben

Big Ben Winner - POTM February 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    I’ve been lucky enough to be a passenger on the different tyres you’ve used at Snetterton and have to say I was a lot less scared on the AD08r’s:grinning:

Car looks absolutely class. Wouldn’t change a thing.

Would be great if more and more members would get together at track days. No macho bullshit just guys having fun and shooting the breeze.

lewishunter98, Micah and Pav like this.
  12. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    it does get quite expensive especially when you start modding your baby cause you are just not fast enough..been there and look where i ended up.. :french: but its all well worth it..the fun we have and all that is priceless..

Big Ben likes this.
  13. Sean197

Sean197 RIP Albi :( Moderator

Car:
    Albi 197T - RIP, MK7 Golf GTD Sports Wagon
    Guy in the 7th pic looks like he's about to fall out his car trying to keep up with you LOL

jamesgw200, peter and Big Ben like this.
  14. Yiannis197

Yiannis197 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio R27
    Looks like you had a smashing day guys. Cars look great, that megane looks absolutely awesome!

15. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    it is :thumb:

16. Micah

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    He was a big guy Sean! Got me on the start/finish straight in the end, pushing another 30+bhp. Nice to see an i30N in the flesh and driven in anger though.
    Thanks Pav, it's great fun when you're trying to catch up/get away from someone. Good to see you again, have to keep these reprobates in line with #adminpower

Sean197 likes this.
  17. Glenn-N

Glenn-N

Car:
    Clio 4 RS
    Hello Micah,
    What type op TPI wheel bolts do you have? 28mm length?

I guess 26mm is standard but I can't find those TPI bolts in 26mm.

18. Micah

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Hello mate, just checked my eBay purchase history and here are the details. Give me a shout if you need any more info.
    11279c7366fdcb03ad5ab50d99e53105.jpg

Glenn-N likes this.
  19. nick's

nick's Platinum Member

Car:
    220 Trophy
    Have you thought about fitting a Pro Alloy rad

20. Micah

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Already have one in the loft when eBay were doing a promotion, getting it fitted this weekend hopefully!

Pav, Johnny 99 and nick's like this.