Micah's Glacier White 220 Trophy

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by Micah, Jul 31, 2017.

1. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Paid Member

Car:
    Citroen C2 GT
    With some research ref what you're looking for - i think springs alone can provide serious bang-for-buck 'improvement' over standard. Be that softer, firmer, progressive rate, less crashy or just for the looks etc.

I think the point is; its finite customisation to your needs and no-one else's.

Hope you love them.....

2. Micah

Micah Clumsy McButterfingers Moderator

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Cheers Shuv.
    Interestingly the rear springs were longer than standard, so we can only assume it does something different. I’ll take @Big Ben out again on Thursday and see if he notices the difference post-Spa.

Big Ben and sevenfourate like this.
  3. Big Ben

Big Ben Winner - POTM February 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    Very much looking forward to it:grinning:

As Shuv said there’s bound to be some improvement. Hopefully it’s what you were after...

4. nutnutwelshman

nutnutwelshman Gold Member

Car:
    Renault
    I was about 110 though blanchmount not on it and 80 though pouon and 90 though Eau Rouge looking forward to July and October but remember iam a SLOW OLD MAN

5. Pav

Pav Moderator

Car:
    albi blue 197 with boost
    good to hear Micah..a coliover kit will improve its handling..can confirm this..
    anyway,enjoy this Thursday....

6. rupe30

rupe30 Paid Member

Car:
    Albi Blue RS197
    Blanchimont flat in 5th and hold onto your nuts! (Don't suppose you were recording when i was infront were you?)

I'm so excited for a dry track day.. I reckon you're gonna see a good improvement with your springs. Tyres will probably hold you back though, 20 minute stints then cool down otherwise that tread's gonna disappear.

Benno, Beany, Big Ben and 1 other person like this.
  7. tombate911

tombate911 Paid Member

Car:
    2010 Clio RS200
    These figures in the wet from Easter I presume?
    110 through blanchmount 1 I presume not 2?
    80 into/though Pouon is pretty fast I know my exit speed was mid 80's due to the nature of the corners, entry was 70's for me and that was the limit of grip on the way in. Would be interested to see some videos with some data overlay if you have any. I'd imagine you'd have put together some fast laps with speeds like that?

Pav likes this.
  8. Benno

Benno Paid Member

Car:
    OG 250 Cup
    My first twitch happened through there, gunning it around 105mph and the back end was going!! Poo came out I'm pretty sure.

Sean197 likes this.
  9. nutnutwelshman

nutnutwelshman Gold Member

Car:
    Renault
    Have a lot ill go though its
    I was
    It was my 14th trip Tom I had a few big moments but that' how I drive it you out in October too

10. rupe30

rupe30 Paid Member

Car:
    Albi Blue RS197
    Had a few twitches at Blanchimont 2 because I had to lift. Glad i brought spare pants.

Christ, I was 115 through blanchimont but entry to pouhon was max 60, just no grip through there for me

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  11. peter

peter POTM Winner - February 2017 Gold Member

Car:
    RB7 #166
    yeah, rule #1 at blanchimont is 'don't lift'. there's enough of run-off area to hop over the kerbs, steady on the green stuff and then lose speed on the tarmac behind.

Big Ben likes this.
  12. Micah

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Was meant to update this thread after Snetterton! Was a blast, car was great and the Cooksports have really improved the handling of the car. Just a shame I was on the Michelin's and not something stickier :worried:
    Just a few pics...
    nOmgj4O.jpg
    ZiG0PmS.jpg
    yduBJNq.jpg
    VGtFcyl.jpg

So, my next surprise purchase didn't actually turn up in time for the track day, and they actually arrived yesterday. Not too disappointed, as I'd have preferred them to arrive later rather than the day after Snetterton!
    Apologies for the picture spam, but they just look so good on a clean white car :tongueout:
    Sparco Assetto Gara (the poor man's OZ!) in 17 x 7.5J ET45 with 215/45/17 AD08R's - best price I found was from Demon Tweeks. The delay was due to them being sent from Italy.
    uRlgGZa.jpg
    UVlyhbf.jpg

Before and after...
    GHmCfrv.jpg
    0j2iOH7.jpg

Bit of pick up from Snetterton on my Super Sports. Only on the rears, so will swap them round to scrub it off when the Trophy wheels go back on the car.
    6dM88kA.jpg

To me, the offset looks perfect, here are some close ups.
    JZOOsOU.jpg
    NlLb4DO.jpg
    2jQ6qrk.jpg

Just about enough room between the wheel and the top lip of the rear wheel arch - it was my biggest concern when ordering these, as the Cooksports drop it just a fraction lower at the rear.
    YlSlIrL.jpg

Nice clean, shiny car in the beautiful Kent weather today!
    KMBBEU7.jpg
    Z2wBT9C.jpg
    0NtZGHx.jpg

Trophy wheels taking a breather!
    4ulbcSF.jpg

Overall I'm very pleased with them. They really do look the part, and not too small compared to the 18's. But the biggest difference is the weight. Sorry to trawl this up, but @Marsch, the difference is night and day as @///M has been going on about lately. These aren't the lightest of wheels, but the standard 18's are truly tank-like in comparison. I cannot wait to get this beast back on track!
    If anyone has made it this far, sorry :smiley:

Rocas, Pav, jamesgw200 and 8 others like this.
  13. -Eddie-

-Eddie- Missing In Action Paid Member

Car:
    200 Cup
    That looks brilliant lowered and on the Sparcos. I’m getting the loan of a 220T from work in the couple of weeks for a weekend and can’t wait to try it out!

Micah likes this.
  14. Micah

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Thanks Eddie, I'm mega pleased with the progress. The standard Trophy is very good, but I've just wanted to make this a bit more track focused.
    I think you'll be suitably impressed - just remember to keep it in Sport/Race mode and manual for those cheeky upshift farts :tongueout:

-Eddie- likes this.
  15. -Eddie-

-Eddie- Missing In Action Paid Member

Car:
    200 Cup
    It looks brilliant. They are a great looking car, definitely a shape that has grown on me and I’m sure others!

I’m not saying I’ll buy one as I will be keeping my 200 for a while yet, but I’d love to change the other half’s car for one. Her commute is a round trip of 3 miles, boot space may let us down though but it can’t be any worse than her Juke!

16. Big Ben

Big Ben Winner - POTM February 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    Bloody hell that was a long post!!

Worth the read though...

Car looks ace on the new wheels. Look forward to seeing how much difference the Yokos make.

Just need to book another TD now:wink:

Micah likes this.
  17. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Paid Member

Car:
    Citroen C2 GT
    Brilliant update. Literally ! They look superb. You must be chuffed. I would be. Just the right stance and poke. Nice....

18. CallorFold

CallorFold Platinum Member

Car:
    Clio 220 Trophy
    Those Sparco's look cracking and the offset is on point! You're definitely not helping my ever growing shopping list haha

19. Sean197

Sean197 RIP Albi :( Moderator

Car:
    Albi 197T - RIP, MK7 Golf GTD Sports Wagon
    Massive improvement over the standard wheels imo, very nice!

Micah likes this.
  20. Johnny 99

Johnny 99 Winner - POTM October 2018 Platinum Member

Car:
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    :thumb:
    VERY nice Micah!

Micah likes this.