Metally Rattle from Glovebox area? *NOW FIXED*

Got a really annoying metally rattle that's coming from the love box area.. It's not all the time and doesn't do it over bigger bumps, more when the road surface gets rough.

I've had the glovebox out that retrieved a 1p coin that I'd hoped make it sound better.. But didn't, really

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
I thought about that but it looks all plastic.. When it's a definate metal rattle.

Unless there's a few more cousins stuck in there I've missed.. At the minute I'm going to take the glovebox out and run it like that. Might help narrow it down.

I thought about that but it looks all plastic.. When it's a definate metal rattle.

Unless there's a few more cousins stuck in there I've missed.. At the minute I'm going to take the glovebox out and run it like that. Might help narrow it down.

The dreaded glove box strikes again.No1 complaint on the Renault fault list

Just to update....

Removed glovebox using this guide by Carl. http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7451

When removed you'll see a small (almost ecu type looking thing) sat in a metal bracket, it's just to the left of the up arrow in this picture from Carl.

dscf0687dg.jpg

Basically, over a certain bits of rough road the plastic unit was vibrating against the metal bracket casuing an awful noise. I wedged a bit of felt into the slight gap at the bottom and the noise has fully disappeared.

Hopefully this may be useful in the future.