Megane engine conversion

I thought really hard about it, really hard but can't justify it. The financial climates not right and cant justify the open ended nature of this kind of work. Been there before and you can find your going down a cul de sac and costs can get stupid. Also nothing to say its gonna not drive like a bag of s**t. Power isn't always everything

There are a couple of supercharged cars running at the moment but my understanding is no-one has done a complete, sorted conversion which does not have dash and running issues.

There is nothing to suggest a good quality/performing conversion could not be produced with a good charger install along with the right management to make the car run and perform well as well as keeping the dash operating correctly.

David.

Cannot really give any more details at the moment as they would be based on guestimates. Only once we have done some testing will we give out some figures.

David.

Ktec we're still waiting for that turbo kit :wink:

And some throttle bodies wouldnt be bad either, i cant believe for a french scene hot hatch nobody has even bothered to attempt a proper throttle body kit for the 197 yet :worried:

Well you know something I don't as we have not tried it on the 197 yet. Getting the ecu to work is relatively easy, its getting the CAN right that takes the time.

David.

autosport show last year, when i went o the k-tec stand the guy informed me that the turbo its and charger kit is more or less a bolt on, but your own ecu is the problem, and that other people dont want to work on the project with you guys

Ok, but that was over a year ago and al lot has happened since then. We have plenty planned for the 197/200 as well plans to work with a few very well respected companies.

We had to take the ecu development away from another cpmpany before we started on our own ecu as they set fire to our engine wiring loom, and still didn't get their ecu to work.

David.

Ok, but that was over a year ago and al lot has happened since then. We have plenty planned for the 197/200 as well plans to work with a few very well respected companies.

We had to take the ecu development away from another cpmpany before we started on our own ecu as they set fire to our engine wiring loom, and still didn't get their ecu to work.

David.

year on and alot has happaned? based on your website and lack of feedback, nothing has been done!
only thing that has been is jamsport doing a charger kit and seans car with omex and a charger kit!
you say you have stuff in the piple, but wont say what idea they are?

anyway this is abit off topic

have you thought about doing the megane conversion david?

We will only update the website when we have results.

As for the Megane conversion, it was something we looked at a while ago but we need to keep the original engine in the car for development work. The parts needed for the Megane conversion are also not readily available so its not like we could offer regular conversions for customers wanting to go down this route.

David.

Theres a difference between doing something that works, and doing something that works AS IT SHOULD (in respect of OEM compliance).

CAN is a nightmare to work with let alone around, so any attempts to integrate a user friendly ECU that works as a standard MODERN car should, should be treated with respect.

People who own a 2008/2009/2010 clio/car are in my experience generally very precious about maintaining the "as factory functionality" (as they should be after spending their hard earned on a road car), its a difficult compromise to make between keeping this a priority whilst satisfying a desirable performance increase.

Thats why 75% of my tuning work is dedicated to motorsport applications :smile:

Last edited:
We will only update the website when we have results.

As for the Megane conversion, it was something we looked at a while ago but we need to keep the original engine in the car for development work. The parts needed for the Megane conversion are also not readily available so its not like we could offer regular conversions for customers wanting to go down this route.

David.

gonna have to disagree with you there, the parts u need are out there are readily available, just depends on how much work your willing to put in, over the past 10 month i have gain a hell of alot info, and to be fair, its no where near has hard as u may think.

Guessing K-tec aint he place to go to for ths conversion?

craig or fred at BTM is the way forward