Megane 265 brakes on Clio 200?

Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible to fit the Megane 265 brake disks on the Clio 200?

Are there other cheaper grooved discs? I want them to be good quality too of course.

It's my second Clio now, and for the second time I got warped discs after a trackday. I suppose this thing should be easily capable of braking from 120 mph to let's say 30 on the straight of 10 laps???

So I'm really looking for some decent stuff :worried:

Last edited:
I assume you done a few cool down laps (At least 2 laps around slowly not touching the brakes) before parking up?

Thats one sure fire way to ruin your brakes.

I (And a couple other members) have the Performance friction 2 piece 330mm brake disc kit on our Clios. Bloody awesome bit of kit. Expensive but bloody good.

Are you sure they're warped? Quite likely just pad deposits from my experience.

I can't see any brake pad deposits on the disc?

I've done a cool down lap, want very gentle braking. After that I even did a cool down ride on the normal road. I just don't get it :worried:

It's just a too common subject on Clio RS boards, the warped discs...

megane 265 brakes wont fit they are different calipers and discs not to mention the hubs are also different!

what track(s) are you running at?

AS Noddie said, PF 330mm kit is nigh on indestructable!! :smiley:

Wtf was that at 8:23ish? open wheeler, looked a bit odd. We don't get OW vehicles on track days here.

It's weird, looking at the video you're not exactly hammering the brakes apart from the end of the straight I've done a fair few more laps in a stint and not had heat issues, what pads are you using out of interest?

Crap pads can be a source of excessive heat, seen a couple 182s on ebc's nearly on fire.

Your calipers aren't sticking are they? Could be pushing the pad onto the disc when you think its not?

Wtf was that at 8:23ish? open wheeler, looked a bit odd. We don't get OW vehicles on track days here.

It's weird, looking at the video you're not exactly hammering the brakes apart from the end of the straight I've done a fair few more laps in a stint and not had heat issues, what pads are you using out of interest?

Crap pads can be a source of excessive heat, seen a couple 182s on ebc's nearly on fire.

I don't really know what kind of car that is at 8 minutes :biggrin:

The pads are the stock pads

@Noddie: I do notice, that the frontpads are always stuck to the discs when the car is parked. Is this normal? (I'm a technical noob)

My mechanic is always talking about straightening the discs. What does he do then if it is a myth?

straighten discs? mistake if im wrong, but arent disc made from cast steel, so trying to straighten them in any shape or form ie heat would crack or shatter them?

I don't really know what kind of car that is at 8 minutes :biggrin:

The pads are the stock pads

@Noddie: I do notice, that the frontpads are always stuck to the discs when the car is parked. Is this normal? (I'm a technical noob)

It certainly aint right that your discs stick on.

Strip 'em and clean 'em then reassemble and you might find it solves the issue.

straighten discs? mistake if im wrong, but arent disc made from cast steel, so trying to straighten them in any shape or form ie heat would crack or shatter them?

brake discs are cast iron - made to heat up and cool just they dont like being struck or shocked (ie hit with a hammer which can cause them to break)

dont forget you can get disc "run-out" ie the disc is not square to the wheel hub face

you can also skim the discs on the vehicle to make them run true

i have come across poor quality discs and drums were you get hard spots on the surface and these cause brake judder as such but they are usually easy to see

you need to check the basics first before jumping in and changing the discs/pads

strip down and a close examination of components first

On a different note, is that the new circuit in belgium? mettet?

Whats it like, looks good and some bargain trackdays i've seen there.

Almost certainly brake deposits, probably caused by coming to a complete stop with hot pads and/or discs. Try taking your cool down lap a bit more slowly next time.

Also, have a good look at your discs with a bright torch and you might see deposits. Make sure to check the backs of the discs too incase it's a sticking calliper on the inside.

On a different note, is that the new circuit in belgium? mettet?

Whats it like, looks good and some bargain trackdays i've seen there.

Its not very new, its situated in the french part of belgium, near Charleroi.

Some bargains indeed. I always drive there with the racb driving days. Just arrive, and pay 30€ per half hour, as many times as u want.

It shows with the gains are for other teackday organisers ...

I have had alot trouble with brake disc's in pads doin track days when had a mk1 focus rs on AP 6 pots... Wasnt just me, afew of use had the issue too. Pads where DS2500 and DS3000

We use to skim disc's nearly after every track day but and we use do cool down laps, and move car in pit's for few min's so pad didnt stay in one place

In the end , after speaking to some motorsport / racing team people, they said issue was the resin coming out the pads and sticking to disc's. Not just little bit either, they where suggesting it was alot! . when cools down you can never see or feel it. Then when go back out on track and get the disc and pad hot again they use stick together and cause judder . They said like trying pulling velcro off each other. Very un smooth and juddery.

They adviced we switched to PAGID pad which are a made of ceramic material. After this we never had single issue with disc's, resin or pad pick up. The braking was 100 times better even from cold.

Just simple pad change should sort the issue out

Last edited: